Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales on DVD  (Read 7126 times)

snowpeck

Tattletales on DVD
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:03:32 PM »
According to this thread over on the GSN forum (yes, I know) BCI is planning this release for sometime in the fall.  They're looking for an episode guide more complete than the one at the old matchgame.org.  Unfortunately I don't think they'll have much luck.

Greg
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:03:58 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

bandit_bobby

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
Next thing you know, Love Connection or Newlywed Game will be on DVD.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'181673\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 05:45 PM\']Next thing you know, Love Connection or Newlywed Game will be on DVD.[/quote]Is that necessarily a bad thing?
(No, I don't really expect an answer).

And, I seem to recall that they made a VHS tape of The Newlywed Game, or at least some kind of compilation, so a DVD release wouldn't be too far off.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 09:07:18 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'181692\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 06:06 PM\']
Is that necessarily a bad thing?
(No, I don't really expect an answer).[/quote]
You'll get one from me, at least about the former. Not pointing at anyone in particular, but I can't see what would be the least little bit interesting about 20 hours of people sitting on a couch with Chuck Woolery occasionally arguing at a television monitor.

/plus it's not a game show
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 09:18:11 PM »
I just don't see it.  Trend has been:

Match Game: popular + celebrities
Family Feud: popular + celebrities (wasn't there gonna be a regular families release too?)
TPIR:  popular + Barker's ego
Tattletales:  semi-popular + celebrities

I don't really see Newlywed or (definitely) Love Connection being popular, and there's really no celebrities to go off of.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'181695\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 06:18 PM\']
I just don't see it.  Trend has been:

Match Game: popular + celebrities
Family Feud: popular + celebrities (wasn't there gonna be a regular families release too?)
TPIR:  popular + Barker's ego
Tattletales:  semi-popular + celebrities
[/quote]
How in the purple fark is your third example part of that "trend?" Or was that a poor attempt at humor?

Matt Ottinger

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 09:48:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'181697\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 09:25 PM\']
How in the purple fark is your third example part of that "trend?" Or was that a poor attempt at humor?[/quote]
While "Barker's Ego" is probably not the best choice of words as to why TPIR belongs with the rest of the releases, I'm actually kinda with him on this, at least by way of explaining why Love Connection and Newlywed Game aren't likely.   TPIR is different by way of its long history and colorful variety of games and, yes, the larger-than-life figure that Barker has become to a lot of folks.  Any other contestant-only game is going to look the same episode after episode.

It's interesting that BCI doesn't appear to have a particularly close relationship with GSN.  I wonder if they would venture away from Fremantle to approach whoever is holding the Hollywood Squares episodes.  Though it would seem if they're considering Tattletales, a much less successful game, that perhaps HS isn't on their to-do list.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jay Temple

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 09:51:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181700\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 08:48 PM\']perhaps HS isn't on their to-do list.
[/quote]
One balding guy to another: I find it amusing that the phrase "to-do list" now makes me think of Shrek.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 10:06:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181700\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 08:48 PM\']Any other contestant-only game is going to look the same episode after episode.[/quote]I do seem to recall that they are releasing a contestant-only Family Feud set later this year, correct?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 10:21:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'181708\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 10:06 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181700\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 08:48 PM\']Any other contestant-only game is going to look the same episode after episode.[/quote]I do seem to recall that they are releasing a contestant-only Family Feud set later this year, correct?[/quote]
Not that I've heard, but others have their ear to the ground better than I do on this.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tpirfan28

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 08:28:33 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'181697\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 09:25 PM\']
How in the purple fark is your third example part of that "trend?" Or was that a poor attempt at humor?
[/quote]
Poor attempt at humor...all the others had "celebrities", and I tried to fit a "celebrity" in there.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 09:45:06 AM »
To me, Newlywed Game only works for the clips that have been show 183942497 times in the last 12 years. Ooh, the bleached blonde doesn't know what "urban" is! Haahaaheehee LMAO OMG WTF BBQ!!!1!

A DVD with full episodes? Not as much. It makes for a nice sign of the times, but that's about it. At least with Price, you can see how the show evolved in the 50-year history of the show.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'181728\' date=\'Mar 17 2008, 05:28 AM\']
Poor attempt at humor...all the others had "celebrities", and I tried to fit a "celebrity" in there.[/quote]
Well, in that spirit, let me make it more topical for you:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8686/failbobbarkerva7.jpg

ClockGameJohn

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181700\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 09:48 PM\']
It's interesting that BCI doesn't appear to have a particularly close relationship with GSN.  I wonder if they would venture away from Fremantle to approach whoever is holding the Hollywood Squares episodes.  Though it would seem if they're considering Tattletales, a much less successful game, that perhaps HS isn't on their to-do list.
[/quote]

There are a few others on the pending list, awaiting clearances.  Two more G-T formats are already scheduled following Tattletales.

TimK2003

Tattletales on DVD
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 11:06:16 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'181774\' date=\'Mar 17 2008, 09:51 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181700\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 09:48 PM\']
[/quote]

There are a few others on the pending list, awaiting clearances.  Two more G-T formats are already scheduled following Tattletales.
[/quote]

Password (or any version thereof) sounds like a gimme!  

For the 2nd G-T game, I'd love to see a compilation of TTTT games (not necessarily full episodes) featuring the actual person or imposters  before they became household names.