Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "What's My Line? - Live On Stage" in NEW YORK!  (Read 4225 times)

TheGameShowGuy

"What's My Line? - Live On Stage" in NEW YORK!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »
I was there 3/31 ... Glad it came to NY! - where WML belongs   I plan to go again -possibly 4/7.
It is great fun that all gameshow fans in the NY area should check out.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 10:42:40 AM »
[quote name=\'J. Keith\' post=\'183124\' date=\'Apr 2 2008, 08:05 PM\']
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'183052\' date=\'Apr 2 2008, 05:52 AM\']
By any chance, was anyone at the WML show on March 31?  I was too busy with work and personal errands after work to attend.
[/quote]

Well, I was there!
[/quote]

I should hope so!  I knew nobody called asking me to fill in for you (and my tux was clean and pressed, just in case!)...
czambo@mac.com

BillCullen1

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 12:47:30 PM »
Went to the show last night (April 21). According to what J. Keith said, the NY run has been extended thru May.  One of the guests last night was Christopher Cerf, son of the late Bennett Cerf. He signed in as Mr. X and his line was that he was a songwriter on "Sesame Street." Of course, they talked about Chris' dad. He said the panelists on WML did like each other and sometimes went out to eat after the show. According to Chris, Dorothy Kilgallen took the game  more seriously than the other panelists.

He also said that Mark Goodson did a run thru of Password in Bennett's apartment when they were trying to "work out the kinks" to present it to CBS as a pilot. Bennett and Kitty Hart (Carlisle) tried out the game while Mark Goodson took notes. Chris also saw several tapings on WML in person when he was a teenager.

The "retro" guest last night was a lady who appeared on WML in 1967 as a "Good Humor Man." She said she was given a choice of which G-T show she wanted to go on, and she chose WML. BTW the mystery guests on her 1967 WML appearance were Allen Ludden, Gene Rayburn, Bud Collyer and Ed McMahon, all hosting G-T shows at the time. Mark Goodson was a guest panelist that evening, and the emcees stumped the panel.

It was a fun evening, and past mystery guests during the NYC run have included George Wednt, Moby and Dick Cavett.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:07:47 PM by BillCullen1 »