Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price is Right in 1976  (Read 1594 times)

drmusic_99

The Price is Right in 1976
« on: May 14, 2008, 01:21:54 AM »
I happened to come across some TV listings from April 1976, in my hometown newspaper in Regina, Canada. They listed The Price is Right airing in a half hour format, five days a week, at 4:30 pm on CKCK, the local CTV affiliate.

Curiosity gets the better of me here. In April of 76, Daytime Price had gone to its one hour format, and Nighttime Price was once a week. So are they airing old episodes of the daytime show here? Reruns of the nighttime show, perhaps?

(Incidentally, I believe this is the ONLY time a local station in Regina ever aired the show in its 36 years. In the 1980s we received a CBC affiliate from Yorkton, Sask., that was airing the show at 5pm, though.)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:00:48 AM »
It could be the Dennis James episodes or they could have been a year or so behind running the daytime show.  That would be not without precident. From looking at the listings in 75, Global was running HS with Wally Cox and Charley Weaver still on the panel.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

drmusic_99

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 02:21:18 AM »
Makes sense.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »
Happened a lot in bicycled syndication.  Some stations, mostly in smaller markets, would be a year behind the rest of the country.  I often suspected that the syndicator charged less for airing the previous season's shows, especially considering that their main cost was popping a tape dub back in the UPS bin that they didn't have to pay for duplicating.