Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rayburn & Lewis: a possible record  (Read 6063 times)

Eric Paddon

Rayburn & Lewis: a possible record
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 02:10:33 AM »
The 1980 example is Bill Cullen appearing as a player (not yet filling in as sub host) on Password Plus for the week of March 3-7, 1980 and Allen Ludden appearing on "Chain Reaction" the following week.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 03:25:55 AM »
For 73, I will guess Enberg/Marshall.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

pyrfan

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 01:36:04 AM »
Kudos to Eric and Jimmy! Those are indeed the correct answers for the hosts appearing on each other's shows in back-to-back weeks. Dick Enberg appeared on HS the week of 4/2/73, and Peter Marshall appeared on "Baffle" the following week. It happened again with those two hosts the weeks of 10/22 and 10/29 that same year.

The hosts who appeared on each other's shows at the same time might be a little tougher because I don't think there are any episode guides online for one of them, so let me add one more hint besides the fact that it happened in 1975: Host 1 appeared on Host 2's show along with a favorite panelist from Host 1's show.

Brendan

Scrabbleship

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »
Shot in the dark for 1975: Art James on Hollywood Squares, Peter Marshall and Paul Lynde on Magnificent Marble Machine?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »
The hosts who appeared on each other's shows at the same time might be a little tougher because I don't think there are any episode guides online for one of them, so let me add one more hint besides the fact that it happened in 1975: Host 1 appeared on Host 2's show along with a favorite panelist from Host 1's show.

I think what he's referring to is "Showoffs".  There were a couple of weeks where Gene Rayburn and Richard Dawson appeared as panelists, and Bobby Van frequently appeared on "Match Game".  There must have been a week where the airdates lined up.

That would be my guess.

/Disclaimer...I haven't even gone back to check my old TV Guides...so if that's the right answer...I didn't cheat!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

pyrfan

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 01:11:04 AM »
Give Mr. Wallis a cigar! Gene Rayburn and Richard Dawson appeared on "Showoffs" the week of September 8, 1975, and for at least part of that week (thanks to the weird CBS airings of MG), Bobby Van was on MG '75, and Gene commented on how much fun he and Richard had on Bobby's show.

Brendan