Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Developing a game show mock video  (Read 10098 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Developing a game show mock video
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »
I've produced several game show run-thrus over the years and have considered using computer animation for them, rather than renting a studio and building a set. All things considered, although more expensive I think the live studio approach would be preferable to an animated version, given the time-consuming nature of animation. With an animated show you're going to want live contestants and an emcee to play the game and lay down the audio track anyway. Depending on the complexity and format of the show you can set up a camera on the contestants and implement the game board using computer graphics and also record it on tape. Many game show formats are static and don't require elaborate staging or lighting. You could rent a hotel suite or use your living room and simply push the furniture out of the way. Those who attended Match Game during 2007's Congreff know what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:48:18 PM by chris319 »

itiparanoid13

Developing a game show mock video
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 07:12:21 AM »
For some of the shows I make and pitch, I make animated pitch films (in addition to live action stuff) on Sketchup and Flash along with Final Cut and all that stuff.  It's not exactly agonizing to do but it is very tough to make it somewhat convincing, compelling, and to not make it look like an Adult Swim cartoon by mistake.