Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show pre-emptions in Cincinnati  (Read 6993 times)

brianhenke

Game show pre-emptions in Cincinnati
« on: January 28, 2009, 11:33:40 AM »
WKRC is pre-empting TPIR (and I presume, FF and WWTBAM were pre-empted as well) for coverage of a snowstorm and icestorm that has crippled the Cincinnati area. WKRC didn't move TPIR to its CinCW station.

They've been at it all morning (the other stations are - in fact, WLWT moved the Today show to its digital station). It's obvious to everyone here - it's snowing.

Brian
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:55:08 PM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:20:39 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'207087\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 11:33 AM\']
WKRC is pre-empting TPIR (and I presume, FF and WWTBAM were pre-empted as well) for coverage of a snowstorm and icestorm that has crippled the Cincinnati area. WKRC didn't move TPIR to its CinCW station.

They've been at it all morning (the other stations are - in fact, WLWT moved the Today show to its digital station). It's obvious to everyone here - it's snowing.
[/quote]
As a TV station employee who deals with constant weather complaints like yours, I must speak on this one. If this snow/ice storm has "crippled" the area as you say, I would think a weather pre-emption would take just a slightly higher priority than someone winning another Chevy Cobalt during Ten Chances. I tell the viewers the same thing when they complain about their "stories" or Oprah being interrupted.

{now off my soapbox}
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 03:02:24 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'207087\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 11:33 AM\']It's obvious to everyone here - it's snowing.[/quote]What's never been obvious to you is there ARE things more important than game shows.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 03:10:57 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'207087\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 11:33 AM\']
It's obvious to everyone here - it's snowing.
[/quote]
This excremental comment reminds me of the wind storm of mid-September 2008 and a call that came to the studio at the radio station I worked at from an equally intelligent human. You may recall reading this from me shortly thereafter in our Behind The Scenes sector:
[Of the many many calls that came to our phone lines, only one was from a twit complaining that he kept missing many of the key plays in the game due to our coverage. His exact words: "So it's windy. We get it".]
For you as for him: Here's your sign.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 03:11:43 PM by Don Howard »

narzo

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
wow, and today was the episode where the big wheel came off it's axis during a spin and rolled into the audience.  Because of the pending litigation the episode has now been deemed unable to ever air again.  Sucks for you.

It's 2009 dude,  cbs.com tonight.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:09:45 PM by narzo »

brianhenke

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 04:46:04 PM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'207107\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 04:07 PM\']
wow, and today was the episode where the big wheel came off it's axis during a spin and rolled into the audience.  Because of the pending litigation the episode has now been deemed unable to ever air again.  Sucks for you.

It's 2009 dude,  cbs.com tonight.
[/quote]

Incidentally, it should have read "it's obvious for those around here in the Cincinnati and Tri-State area that it's showing." Sorry about that.

An update: WKRC is pre-empting WWTBAM for an expanded 4 p.m. newscast.

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »
I thought Brian was on moderated status?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 05:17:59 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'207112\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 01:54 PM\']
[/quote]
Doesn't mean that stuff doesn't sometimes get through when he deserves a solid reaming. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Speedy G

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »
Holy crap he lives in the same metro area as me.  Dear hell.

/When being on the roads without good reason is a ticketable offense in the city proper, it leads.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'207111\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 04:46 PM\']Incidentally, it should have read "it's obvious for those around here in the Cincinnati and Tri-State area that it's showing." Sorry about that.[/quote]Oh, that makes it much better.

Wait a second, no it doesn't.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 06:20:53 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'207111\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 04:46 PM\']
Incidentally, it should have read "it's obvious for those around here in the Cincinnati and Tri-State area that it's showing." Sorry about that.

Brian
[/quote]

Listen, dude, if it means the safety of everyone out there when Mother Nature rears her ugly head...

Yeah, why am I even bothering?

/Oh, what's that, it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:21:22 PM by NicholasM79 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 06:21:45 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'207112\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 04:54 PM\']
[/quote]
In all fairness (not that I'm defending his post), it was technically on-topic. Had it remained a simple preemption notice, and not a self-centered rant about not seeing game shows, it would be cool.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »
Coming from an area when lake-enhanced and lake-effect snows run rampant (yes, there is a difference), ice storms happen nearly every year, and buckets of snow come every year, I really feel for everyone involved down yonder.

...except for Henke.  ZOMG games are gonna get pre-empted.  Wow.

/"When Jim Cantore comes to your town, pack up the station wagon and run like hell."
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 06:34:07 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'207111\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 04:46 PM\'][quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'207107\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 04:07 PM\']wow, and today was the episode where the big wheel came off it's axis during a spin and rolled into the audience.  Because of the pending litigation the episode has now been deemed unable to ever air again.  Sucks for you.

It's 2009 dude,  cbs.com tonight.[/quote]Incidentally, it should have read "it's obvious for those around here in the Cincinnati and Tri-State area that it's showing." Sorry about that.

Brian[/quote]
Brian, no one gives a rat's ass.

Yeah, I realize that was incredibly impolite.  Sometimes, ya just gotta say it like it is.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'207127\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 06:21 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'207112\' date=\'Jan 28 2009, 04:54 PM\']
[/quote]
In all fairness (not that I'm defending his post), it was technically on-topic. Had it remained a simple preemption notice, and not a self-centered rant about not seeing game shows, it would be cool.
[/quote]

Yeah, but you know as well as I do that it wouldn't have remained a preemption notice.

I understand that the mods want to let certain gems through for shiggles...but I'm baffled as to how THAT qualified.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022