Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TTD "Over-80" Tournament Contestant?  (Read 2105 times)

Bob Zager

TTD "Over-80" Tournament Contestant?
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
This morning, RTN (Retro Television Network) aired a couple of episodes of "The Jack Benny Program."  In one of the episodes, there was a make-believe amateur talent competition, which featured a large group of women playing musical instruments, and one of the ladies sang and danced to the tune "Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair."

In the closing "cast" credits, was Bobbi Tremain, whom I assumed did the above mentioned number.  I would assume this is the same lady, who in 1979 or 1980, competed in Tic Tac Dough's "Over-80" tournament!  I recall she did do a little dance on-stage for the Winker, and she may have been the winner of the tournament (or runner-up, maybe).

BTW, also featured was Mel Blanc, as contestant Mr. Finque (FINK, or FIN-KAY if French, as they joked), who did animal impressions.  When imitating the sound of a dog, he did his trademark "DINO,' the dinosaur voice!  

Also featured was Madge Blake, better known as Larry Mondello's mother on "Leave it to Beaver," and as Aunt Harriet, on "Batman."

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'207802\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 03:27 PM\']
In the closing "cast" credits, was Bobbi Tremain, whom I assumed did the above mentioned number.  I would assume this is the same lady, who in 1979 or 1980, competed in Tic Tac Dough's "Over-80" tournament!  I recall she did do a little dance on-stage for the Winker, and she may have been the winner of the tournament (or runner-up, maybe).
[/quote]
She did in fact win.  GSN skipped the episode where she danced for Wink when they ran the Over 80 tourney last year (I was kind of hoping to get that particular ep on tape--but her dance is shown in part in the 1987 "Game Show Biz" documentary).

Tremain(e) also appeared on GONG twice in 1976--once in regular play and again in the first and only "Hi-Lo" week.  If memory serves, she was gonged in her first appearance, then won in the "Hi-Lo" appearance.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:06:11 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Bob Zager

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'207824\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 09:03 PM\']

Tremain(e) also appeared on GONG twice in 1976--once in regular play and again in the first and only "Hi-Lo" week.  If memory serves, she was gonged in her first appearance, then won in the "Hi-Lo" appearance.
[/quote]

That's right!  In fact, her second (and winning appearance) can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESrGsOQMEWU