Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales theme music  (Read 3991 times)

kenbob_clarker

Tattletales theme music
« on: March 23, 2009, 01:39:07 AM »
I've watched a couple of Tattletales episodes on Youtube recently, and I'm not sure if my ears deceive me, but I could swear that the theme music used on the show and the one that's all over the internet in CD quality are two different cuts of music.  It seems as if the one heard on TV had more instruments in the background or something.  Maybe the one we have is a remake, perhaps?

/Or maybe I'm crazy...
John 3:16.  The best news you'll ever read.

Jeremy Nelson

Tattletales theme music
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:24:53 AM »
Well, back in the day, many composers put together numerous variations of a theme song. So even though a show may only use one theme and one vamp, in reality, the composer may have put together 10 or 15 themes and vamps, using different instrument combinations and leads.

If that doesn't solve it, maybe this will: Tattletales had two different theme songs. The CD quality one is probably the 1982-84 revival theme, and you may be watching eps from the 70s version. But you're probably not crazy.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:25:29 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

kenbob_clarker

Tattletales theme music
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »
I see.  I'd love to get my hands on a clean copy of the one used on the show.  I'm pretty sure that the one featured on this site is said theme song, but it's in pretty poor quality.

And I know that it's the '74 version I'm referring to.  It's far superior to the '82 version, IMHO.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Tattletales theme music
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:29:49 PM »
[quote name=\'kenbob_clarker\' post=\'211040\' date=\'Mar 23 2009, 11:52 AM\']
I see.  I'd love to get my hands on a clean copy of the one used on the show.  I'm pretty sure that the one featured on this site is said theme song, but it's in pretty poor quality.

And I know that it's the '74 version I'm referring to.  It's far superior to the '82 version, IMHO.
[/quote]

I got a site for ya.

Has both Tattletales themes and the '74 one's in a lot better condition.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

kenbob_clarker

Tattletales theme music
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:26:46 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out, PYLdude, but I've already got the one on that site.  If you listen to both the one I linked to and the one you showed me, one right after another, you might notice a slight difference (besides audio quality, of course).  That's why I suggested that the CD quality version on that site you pointed me to might be a remake.  That version seems to be straight up synth and drums, but when I hear it on the show, it sounds richer and fuller somehow, as if there might have been more instruments playing in the background.  I'm thinking that's the same vamp as the lower quality version.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Tattletales theme music
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »
They sound like the same arrangement to me, but there is a huge difference in pitch and high-frequency response.

Hey, I know! We could call New Rochelle and ask ... er, never mind.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:08:42 PM by chris319 »