Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Samantha Harris Guest Hosts “Millionaire” this week  (Read 3575 times)

Julius

Samantha Harris Guest Hosts “Millionaire” this week
« on: May 11, 2009, 01:41:14 PM »
There are many news articles about this. Do a search and see what I'm talking about. Comments?
Julius May, Philadelphia PA

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:11:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'215397\' date=\'May 11 2009, 11:03 AM\']Or, you could link it yourself.[/quote]
Why does he need to? You did it for him. In fact, I nominate Mark to be Julius's Official Researcher And Linker from this day forward.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 02:31:36 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'215398\' date=\'May 11 2009, 02:11 PM\']In fact, I nominate Mark to be Julius's Official Researcher And Linker from this day forward.[/quote]
And I nominate Chris Lemon to be the Official Nag to the Official Researcher And Linker from this day forward.

As for Harris, she's ok.  I think she's trying a little too hard to be Meredith, but she's serviceable enough.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:31:57 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 03:00:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'215402\' date=\'May 11 2009, 11:31 AM\']but she's serviceable enough.[/quote]
I'll say.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »
In my area, they seemed to start with the Tuesday show (or later).  The first contestant was starting at $1000 and Sam was referring to things that happened "yesterday".  It seemed like it was part way through the week - unless they held over a contestant for a guest-host week, which would have been a first.

It would be nice if this show actually aired in order - rather than jumping around as much as it does.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Julius

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 10:26:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'215421\' date=\'May 11 2009, 05:45 PM\']In my area, they seemed to start with the Tuesday show (or later).  The first contestant was starting at $1000 and Sam was referring to things that happened "yesterday".  It seemed like it was part way through the week - unless they held over a contestant for a guest-host week, which would have been a first.

It would be nice if this show actually aired in order - rather than jumping around as much as it does.[/quote]
Monday's episode did air on WPVI in Philly. They air the shows in order on the station. I think you need to complain to the station about this problem.
Julius May, Philadelphia PA

pentellit

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 02:22:48 AM »
I know it sounds trite, I do know it, but I think that with a little time she could be really good.  I like her.  I'd like to see her do well here.

goongas

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 12:20:28 AM »
I think she is one of the better guest hosts they have had.

Gus

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 10:35:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'215421\' date=\'May 11 2009, 04:45 PM\']It would be nice if this show actually aired in order - rather than jumping around as much as it does.[/quote]
That would be an issue at your local station. Perhaps they loaded the wrong tape on Monday and didn't notice until it started to air; perhaps they accidentally recorded over Monday's show with Tuesday's show and just aired what they had while they called out for a dub of Monday's show... if it's a persisent problem, someone's being very lazy, and if their boss isn't noticing, go ahead and call the station.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 05:38:54 PM »
That would be an issue at your local station. Perhaps they loaded the wrong tape on Monday and didn't notice until it started to air;

Well...they aired the Tuesday episode on Monday and the Monday episode on Tuesday.  The rest of the week has been OK so far.  First time they've done that...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 02:38:30 PM »
I'm sure Julius would love for me to come here and say how well Samantha did and how she should immediately take over for Meredith post haste and Meredith should stick to The Today Show, but that's not going to happen. Samantha was decent, and it's clear why she got the DWTS gig. I also wasn't aware that so many different colors of makeup existed and could be applied to one person. Lesson learned.
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »
Samantha almost made Millionaire history when she almost became the first guest host to have every one of her contestants win at least $25,000... until midway through the show Friday when a woman lost on her $300 question. Harris did make history, though, becoming the first guest host to have a $0 winner.

dale_grass

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'215936\' date=\'May 16 2009, 03:12 PM\']Samantha almost made Millionaire history when she almost became the first guest host to have every one of her contestants win at least $25,000... until midway through the show Friday when a woman lost on her $300 question. Harris did make history, though, becoming the first guest host to have a $0 winner.[/quote]
This feat will surely make the history books (Appendix R).