Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Couple interesting Ebay finds  (Read 1678 times)

snowpeck

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

calliaume

Couple interesting Ebay finds
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'215564\' date=\'May 12 2009, 07:03 PM\']An ebay seller has a lot of interesting game show tickets including these:
Ticket for what appears to be a 1974 pilot for a revival of It Takes Two.

And this one for what may be a Give-N-Take pilot, taped over a year before the series actually debuted.[/quote]
1.  An It Takes Two revival seems strange, seeing as how CBS had just launched the not-dissimilar Tattletales.

2. I have no real knowledge, but I've long suspected Give-n-Take had been lying around for awhile and was hurriedly dusted off to replace Spin-Off.

Mr. Game Show

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 01:41:26 AM »
Interesting that the Give N Take Pilot was taped at Television City, as the Series was taped at the Burbank Studios.

Re : Spin Off - An interesting tidbit... the Pilot was taped at the CBS Broadcast Center in NYC. However, the Series was taped at Television City in LA. From what I recall, Nicholson-Muir Productions was based in Larchmont NY.

calliaume

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Game Show\' post=\'215595\' date=\'May 13 2009, 12:41 AM\']Re : Spin Off - An interesting tidbit... the Pilot was taped at the CBS Broadcast Center in NYC. However, the Series was taped at Television City in LA. From what I recall, Nicholson-Muir Productions was based in Larchmont NY.[/quote]
Nicholson and Muir were based out of New York (Howdy Doody and the first Pay Cards were there).  I don't know if they were in the day-to-day production of Definition, but if they were, the trip to Ontario was probably a lot easier from Westchester County than it would have been from LA.

Don't know why Spin-Off would have been Hollywood-based except to make it convenient for Jim Lange.  Not likely to have been at CBS's insistence, given Musical Chairs came from good ol' NYC.

Mr. Game Show

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'215655\' date=\'May 13 2009, 05:22 PM\'][quote name=\'Mr. Game Show\' post=\'215595\' date=\'May 13 2009, 12:41 AM\']Re : Spin Off - An interesting tidbit... the Pilot was taped at the CBS Broadcast Center in NYC. However, the Series was taped at Television City in LA. From what I recall, Nicholson-Muir Productions was based in Larchmont NY.[/quote]
Nicholson and Muir were based out of New York (Howdy Doody and the first Pay Cards were there).  I don't know if they were in the day-to-day production of Definition, but if they were, the trip to Ontario was probably a lot easier from Westchester County than it would have been from LA.

Don't know why Spin-Off would have been Hollywood-based except to make it convenient for Jim Lange.  Not likely to have been at CBS's insistence, given Musical Chairs came from good ol' NYC.
[/quote]

You are probably right about the LA move having to do with Jim Lange, though I'm surprised that Mr Lange would have had that much say, in such a decision.

I attended many Musical Chairs tapings at the Ed Sullivan Theater. It was a fun, and entertaining TV show taping, and Adam Wade was extremely personable.

ChuckNet

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 02:47:40 AM »
Yeah, was prolly taped in LA b/c it would've been an easier commute for Jim Lange, who was based out of SanFran at the time. Didn't know N-M was based in NY, but it certainly explains why all of their other shows were either based there or in realtively close locations (Cleveland, Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Montreal).

Also, Curt brings up an interesting question: were they involved in the Candian game shows they created (Definition, Guess What, etc.), or was that solely the domain of the main production company, Glen-Warren?

Chuck Donegan (The Curious "Chuckie Baby")