Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need ideas for new constuction projects  (Read 6538 times)

pds319

Need ideas for new constuction projects
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »
Hey everybody. I just finished building up a "Wheel of Fortune" set for a local bar, reusing pieces built earlier. Pics If this takes off, they may want to do other game show nights. So my question to you guys is which games would work the best? (i.e. include many people, engaging format to keep drunks attention) I know TPIR is a big possibility (pricing game suggestions?) and Family Feud works as well. Any others?

JayDLewis

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »
A bunch drunks playing Press Your Luck? I'd pay money to watch that!
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
Pyramid or Match Game. It could make for quite a few (cheap) laughs.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

RyanCDN

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 01:37:03 PM »
Heh, I enjoyed looking through the slide show, what a great recreation, wonderful work.
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 01:56:59 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'215750\' date=\'May 14 2009, 01:02 PM\']A buncha drunks playing Press Your Luck? I'd pay money to watch that![/quote]
I'd rather they drop acid, but different strokes.
This signature is currently under construction.

Mr. Game Show

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 02:34:04 PM »
[quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'215749\' date=\'May 14 2009, 12:46 PM\']Hey everybody. I just finished building up a "Wheel of Fortune" set for a local bar, reusing pieces built earlier. Pics If this takes off, they may want to do other game show nights. So my question to you guys is which games would work the best? (i.e. include many people, engaging format to keep drunks attention) I know TPIR is a big possibility (pricing game suggestions?) and Family Feud works as well. Any others?[/quote]

Hello !

I wanted to compliment you, on some great work !

I also like the Press Your Luck idea, but that might be expensive. If not, Match Game or Family Feud would be fine ideas.

William_S.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:31:58 PM »
I'll Jump on the Whammy bandwagon and Go with Press Your Luck. Hell Maybe even cards sharks. Back in high school the considered they "Hi -Lo" card game a "Drinking Game" :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:56:35 PM by William_S. »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 10:23:11 PM »
"Dating Game" might work.  All you have to do is build a partition of some sort and some styrofoam asterisks.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Fedya

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »
The set I'd like to see you build is Pitfall.  ;-)

Seriously, I'd suggest Win, Lose, or Draw, since the other good suggestions have already been taken.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

NickS

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 10:33:53 PM »
[quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'215749\' date=\'May 14 2009, 11:46 AM\']Hey everybody. I just finished building up a "Wheel of Fortune" set for a local bar, reusing pieces built earlier. Pics If this takes off, they may want to do other game show nights. So my question to you guys is which games would work the best? (i.e. include many people, engaging format to keep drunks attention) I know TPIR is a big possibility (pricing game suggestions?) and Family Feud works as well. Any others?[/quote]

Two things:

A) Mindboggingly good work, sir.

B) I say Password +, if just to see you recreate *that* set. :D

chad1m

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 10:48:04 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'215812\' date=\'May 14 2009, 10:33 PM\']B) I say Password +, if just to see you recreate *that* set. :D[/quote]I think designing multiple Nazi symbols is frowned upon in this day and age.

jw2001

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 11:28:47 PM »
Double Dare?  You'd pretty much only need to build the podiums (if you have the resources) and can use a monitor for the clock.

And great work, by the way!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:36:36 PM by jw2001 »

Stackertosh

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 12:23:23 AM »
What about who wants to be a millionaire? This one guy made a mini millionaire set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvR0jQC6C8

pds319

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 02:06:48 AM »
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback! I didn't think of Match Game or Press Your Luck. I thought about Pyramid, and just figured conveying coherent ideas or lists with a bunch of drunk people would be almost or damn near impossible. I like the Press Your Luck idea, but it would be one built in Flash with scoring and podiums constructed. Maybe some sort of round-robin type of tournament could be played. I've been really looking into building a Card Sharks set as it wouldn't be extremely tough to build.

Much interest was shown in a TPIR night. Suggestion for pricing game, outside of Plinko, anyone? A multi-use board could be made for numerous games, but which would be the top six?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 02:08:30 AM by pds319 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 05:33:12 AM »
[quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'215826\' date=\'May 14 2009, 11:06 PM\']Much interest was shown in a TPIR night. Suggestion for pricing game, outside of Plinko, anyone? A multi-use board could be made for numerous games, but which would be the top six?[/quote]
Money Game would be fun to build and would look good. Ditto Any Number.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe