Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud news for the new season  (Read 56339 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Family Feud news for the new season
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2009, 08:03:31 PM »
The first couple of seconds play the theme song from season 9, not the Feud 88 editing hack job. Hopefully they keep it that way.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2009, 11:52:10 PM »
Another question: Are the Fast Money rules still fully explained?  It seems like they could save a not-insignificant amount of time if they abridged it a little.
This signature is currently under construction.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2009, 12:11:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'218214\' date=\'Jun 16 2009, 10:52 PM\']Another question: Are the Fast Money rules still fully explained?  It seems like they could save a not-insignificant amount of time if they abridged it a little.[/quote]

Now that you mention it, it could very well shave a minute (perhaps longer) if that part gets shaved off. I recalled Dawson's version cutting straight to the contestant with the time on the clock soon after.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2009, 01:13:08 PM »
You could easily just do "We're back with the X Family who just won the game and are now going to play Fast Money.  I'm here with Y, Z is secluded offstage, and if the 2 of you can give me 200 points, you know what you win. . . Gimme 20 seconds on the clock."

You'd think that after 10 years, the viewers would know the rules.
This signature is currently under construction.

CJBojangles

« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'218214\' date=\'Jun 16 2009, 08:52 PM\']Another question: Are the Fast Money rules still fully explained?  It seems like they could save a not-insignificant amount of time if they abridged it a little.[/quote]

Yes, they're still explained in their entirety. And John still has cue cards for them.

chad1m

« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'218258\' date=\'Jun 17 2009, 01:14 PM\']And John still has cue cards for them.[/quote]Eh, Marc Summers still had cue cards three years into Double Dare's run. He didn't need them, really, the producers just had 'em.

CJBojangles

« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'218259\' date=\'Jun 17 2009, 10:17 AM\']Eh, Marc Summers still had cue cards three years into Double Dare's run. He didn't need them, really, the producers just had 'em.[/quote]
Ah yes, the infamous "destruction of the cue cards" incident. I'd like to see O'Hurley do something like that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:25:49 PM by CJBojangles »

Clay Zambo

« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'218167\' date=\'Jun 16 2009, 03:47 PM\']Here's a new tweet : and a link ....it's definitely different....but just don't know what's the point of it all....

Family_Feud:  We are having some fun introducing the families!!...check it out http://bit.ly/mWtlG[/quote]

Okay, but where are they?  Out on the breezeway at TVCity?  That just seems silly.  Let them introduce themselves, sure, but do it on set--or at their homes, if you're gonna go outside the studio.

File under: Change for the sake of bad audio.
czambo@mac.com

CJBojangles

« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'218278\' date=\'Jun 17 2009, 12:48 PM\']Okay, but where are they?  Out on the breezeway at TVCity?  That just seems silly.  Let them introduce themselves, sure, but do it on set--or at their homes, if you're gonna go outside the studio.[/quote]
Just for the record, Feud tapes at Sunset Bronson Studios, not Television City.

bwood

« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'218109\' date=\'Jun 15 2009, 08:59 PM\']Just returned from my visit to the Feud. Here are some of the changes for the new season.

FORMAT:
Intro
Bullseye
Meet the Families  ........[/quote]

So is the "Meet The Families" part them showing the short vids that popped up via the FF Twitter page? It would make sense because John is standing center stage in the clip. If so that's not as bad as I thought, and it would save time. When I initially saw the video I thought they nixed the traditional show intro for those intro videos (since they were looking for a "new" intro last year and wanted suggestions).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:05:15 PM by bwood »

CJBojangles

« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'218281\' date=\'Jun 17 2009, 01:04 PM\']So is the "Meet The Families" part them showing the short vids that popped up via the FF Twitter page? It would make sense because John is standing center stage in the clip. If so that's not as bad as I thought, and it would save time. When I initially saw the video I thought they nixed the traditional show intro for those intro videos (since they were looking for a "new" intro last year and wanted suggestions).[/quote]
The "Meet the Families" portion I was referring to was just John's introduction to the day's players. I.E. "Returning with $23,000, it's the _______ family! Who do you have with you today, team captain?" Sort of interesting how they segway right into it after the Bullseye game, and after how fast they play it, it'd easy to forget it even happened.

At no point in the taping did I see anything regarding personal intros. No throws to a clip of any kind. Just the regular open, and regular family introductions. The tweet about the family intros didn't happen until the day after my taping, however. How they plan on incorporating these "home movie" type intros they're touting on Twitter is beyond me. Maybe they're just alluding to the YouTube video, and using a poor choice of words.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:05:42 PM by CJBojangles »

bwood

« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2009, 05:10:58 PM »
See, I got the vibe that this will be (has been) incorporated in the show somehow (and the fractions of in studio clips at the beginning and end support that theory). I wonder what they are trying to do with these.....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:14:25 PM by bwood »

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2009, 11:11:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'218257\' date=\'Jun 17 2009, 12:13 PM\']You could easily just do "We're back with the X Family who just won the game and are now going to play Fast Money.  I'm here with Y, Z is secluded offstage, and if the 2 of you can give me 200 points, you know what you win. . . Gimme 20 seconds on the clock."[/quote]

This seems like a very bad thing, now that 'what you win' is going to be different every episode.

Sodboy13

« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2009, 12:50:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'218333\' date=\'Jun 18 2009, 10:11 AM\'][quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'218257\' date=\'Jun 17 2009, 12:13 PM\']You could easily just do "We're back with the X Family who just won the game and are now going to play Fast Money.  I'm here with Y, Z is secluded offstage, and if the 2 of you can give me 200 points, you know what you win. . . Gimme 20 seconds on the clock."[/quote]

This seems like a very bad thing, now that 'what you win' is going to be different every episode.
[/quote]

"(Name) is with me here for Fast Money, (Name) is offstage where he/she can't hear or see us, and if the two of them can put together two hundred points, they'll win (Number) thousand dollars for their family.  Ready?  Twenty seconds on the clock..."

Second player:
"(Name), you need (number) points to win (number) thousand dollars.  Don't give me an answer (Name)'s already given, or you'll hear this sound (bzz-bzz) and I'll ask you to try again.  Okay?  Twenty-five seconds on the clock..."

Doesn't seem that hard to pull off.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2009, 02:15:30 PM »
True.  I was mostly replying just to that specific example.