Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Song about Bob Barker  (Read 2959 times)

inturnaround

New Song about Bob Barker
« on: October 31, 2003, 04:36:06 PM »
I just got the new Entertainment Weekly. The back page is a Q&A thing called Stupid Questions and this week it has H2 and Conan O'Brien favorite Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (Robert Smigel).

Q: In your anti-neutering anthem "Bob Barker", you sing , "These teeth are sharp and the price is right. Gonna neuter your ass with one nut-crackin' bite." After seeing Barker viciously take down Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore, don't you think you should steer clear of this game-show icon?

A: That movie was like 10 years ago. Barker's so old, he looks like a chew toy I threw out last year. At least when I go for a walk, I can find my way back. When we're in a room together, he's the one they blame for farting. Wait, I got more. I saw him naked backstage; normally, I eat grass when I want to puke.

Triumph's new CD, "Come Poop With Me", will be in stores on November 4th.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

HSquares2003

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 07:09:40 PM »
I would venture to say this isn't the best time for this type of thread about TPIR, but I'll leave it to the ops. to ultimately decide.

GSWitch

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 08:42:25 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Oct 31 2003, 06:09 PM\'] I would venture to say this isn't the best time for this type of thread about TPIR, but I'll leave it to the ops. to ultimately decide. [/quote]
 I agree!

X gets the square!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 08:56:04 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Oct 31 2003, 08:09 PM\'] I would venture to say this isn't the best time for this type of thread about TPIR, but I'll leave it to the ops. to ultimately decide. [/quote]
 I apologize if this sounds insensitive but it's been 4 days.  I'm over it.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 08:56:44 PM »
I don't think this is inappropriate. There's a GS connection, it's something readers on this board who enjoy both game shows and late night TV will want to know about, and it's not like we're mocking Bob because he cried when he heard the news about Rod or something. It's a freaking puppet making joke remarks about Bob Barker.

inturnaround

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 09:10:29 PM »
Look, it's newsworthy. If you think that all discussion about TPiR must cease because of this week's sad news, then all I can say to you using polite words is that I strongly disagree with that idea.

Writing about it a few weeks from now means it's no longer news, it's olds.

Besides, when is the right time to talk about a rubber dog puppet singing a song about biting Bob Barker in his spay/neuter zone? Tell me and I'll be sure to remember it next time this issue comes up.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 09:10:45 PM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 10:45:55 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Oct 31 2003, 05:09 PM\'] I would venture to say this isn't the best time for this type of thread about TPIR, but I'll leave it to the ops. to ultimately decide. [/quote]
 "Mr. Pot, Mr. Kettle is waiting for you at Baggage Claim 4...."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 11:22:57 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Oct 31 2003, 08:09 PM\'] I would venture to say this isn't the best time for this type of thread about TPIR, but I'll leave it to the ops. to ultimately decide. [/quote]
 How very kind of you to grant us that permission.

Please, as always, respond to the content of a message if you want to, or ignore it if you don't.  If you think something is inappropriate, contact us.  Do not express your displeasure as a response in the thread.  

This is not a difficult concept.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2003, 04:34:03 AM »
Triumph's done the grass-eating joke before. Sad.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

GS Warehouse

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2003, 09:55:58 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Oct 31 2003, 04:36 PM\'] Triumph's new CD, "Come Poop With Me", will be in stores on November 4th. [/quote]
 OK everybody.  First thing Monday morning, let's all find the country's largest maker of earplugs and buy one thousand shares of stock each.  I predict on Tuesday morning sales will be through the roof.

inturnaround

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2003, 01:40:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Nov 1 2003, 04:34 AM\'] Triumph's done the grass-eating joke before. Sad. [/quote]
Yeah, but that's the schtick. He's supposed to be an old Catskills insult comic. You know, someone in the mold of a Don Rickles, but instead of calling people "hockey puck", his catchphrase is "For me to poop on!" And those comedians always had a limited number of jokes to call up.

Anyway, 'tis funny to me. :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2003, 01:41:28 PM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human