Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS Makes a 'Deal' to Replace 'Guiding Light'  (Read 61363 times)

BrandonFG

CBS Makes a 'Deal' to Replace 'Guiding Light'
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2009, 11:24:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'226551\' date=\'Sep 20 2009, 11:19 PM\']I've not seen any promos yet.  Since they have started taping, I would think there would be some commercials running promtoing the hell out of this thing.[/quote]
I've seen them...it's more of a promo for CBS's new Daytime lineup.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2009, 12:12:59 AM »
I've seen a promo for LMAD. It was a tongue-in-cheek thing about the economy, but didn't have show footage.
This signature is currently under construction.

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2009, 01:38:48 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'222937\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 06:52 PM\']Yes, CBS announced that last week.  Will be repeats.[/quote]
Just a quick bump; apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but I didn't see anything in searching...

Next week's episodes (9/28-10/2/09) are now, in the words of CBS Affiliate Relations, "original episodes".
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

rwalker

« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2009, 06:17:56 PM »
So, who is the "Carol Merrill" on this version? Any former TPIR models that got the gig(Phire, Shane, etc.)?

tvrandywest

« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'226818\' date=\'Sep 24 2009, 03:17 PM\']So, who is the "Carol Merrill" on this version? Any former TPIR models that got the gig(Phire, Shane, etc.)?[/quote]
They auditioned local models in Vegas. I encouraged the girls from TPiR-Live to audition. They are beautiful and experienced in the appropriate gesturing and smiling, but none seemed enthused about the results of their efforts towards getting the gig.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
Any pics from the set, or anything that can be publicly reported?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

SteveR

« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
You think they're looking to throw a life preserver to 1 or 2 of the 24 DoND castoffs?

tomobrien

« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'226822\' date=\'Sep 24 2009, 06:29 PM\']You think they're looking to throw a life preserver to 1 or 2 of the 24 DoND castoffs?[/quote]
[Insert your own joke about flotation devices here.]

BrandonFG

« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »
CBS showed clips with more of the set. One game involved a Craps table with the show logo on it, and the front walls of the audience area are covered with silver hypocycloids. The doors have the same arcs that were shown in the HollywoodJunket photos, but have a thick border, lined with a single-colored plaid pattern (think the patterns used on the backdrop of Ricki's Gameshow Marathon), with a blue curtain beneath it. On the left side of the arc is the door's number, in silver.

Is this the actual set, or the pilot?

WhammyPower

« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'226866\' date=\'Sep 25 2009, 02:48 PM\']CBS showed clips with more of the set. One game involved a Craps table with the show logo on it, and the front walls of the audience area are covered with silver hypocycloids. The doors have the same arcs that were shown in the HollywoodJunket photos, but have a thick border, lined with a single-colored plaid pattern (think the patterns used on the backdrop of Ricki's Gameshow Marathon), with a blue curtain beneath it. On the left side of the arc is the door's number, in silver.

Is this the actual set, or the pilot?[/quote]
Not sure, but I do see three new pictures on CBS' press site... looks pretty darn cool.

TimK2003

« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2009, 07:49:13 PM »
I don't recall anybody posting how to get tickets to the show at the Tropicana, but [post=\"0\"]THIS LINK[/post] has the upcoming tape dates and times, "If you live in, or are planning to visit the Las Vegas Area..."

Jay Temple

« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2009, 01:19:25 AM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'226818\' date=\'Sep 24 2009, 05:17 PM\']So, who is the "Carol Merrill" on this version? Any former TPIR models that got the gig(Phire, Shane, etc.)?[/quote]
CAROL Merrill. That's who I was thinking of.

I saw Dina Merrill on Password, and I thought, "She went from this to modeling on LMAD?"
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

joe_capitano

« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2009, 11:36:23 PM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'226818\' date=\'Sep 24 2009, 03:17 PM\']So, who is the "Carol Merrill" on this version?[/quote]
She is Alison Fiori, who briefly filled in for Hayley on DOND back in May. Her resume is Here.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:37:43 PM by joe_capitano »

dad1153

« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2009, 11:02:25 AM »
So, what did everyone think of the premiere of the new "Deal"?  For starters, they really need to cut this down to 30 minutes ASAP (preferably with that unsold version of "Pyramid").  It just can't last as an hour-long strip.  Too meandering and all over the place for 60 mins.  Wayne is an OK host but he can only grow in the role as he gets used to the crazies (couldn't stop thinking about Monty's smoothness handling contestants as I watched Brady basically do the show on auto pilot).  Announcer/sidekick was OK (was he with Wayne and Drew on that improv sketch show Drew hosted on ABC a few years back?) as was the model and the set.  Between this and "TPIR" daytime gameshow traditions are alive and well (so far) but man, those prices sure look/feel cheap compared to the original "Deal."  DVD copies of "Wolverine" and "Snow White," really?  Also, the cars got no plugs so I guess they weren't sponsored.

Also the show isn't shot/aired in HD which surprised me (I thought any new network TV production would automatically be in HD).  Makes the transition to the colorful high-def goodness of "TPIR" all the more startling.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:07:47 AM by dad1153 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »
[quote name=\'dad1153\' post=\'227697\' date=\'Oct 5 2009, 11:02 AM\']So, what did everyone think of the premiere of the new "Deal"?[/quote]
I'm not exactly sure how much we need to worry about spoilers for LMAD, and luckily, you avoided anything too specific anyway, but please realize that not nearly "everyone" has seen it yet.  Not even everyone on the east coast has seen it yet, only the ones whose stations scheduled it at 10am.  For some of us -- probably most of us -- the premiere is still hours away.

Those who do want to discuss it can do so in the Show Summaries thread here.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:40:10 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.