Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Millionaire Story  (Read 11019 times)

RyanCDN

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 09:50:42 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'224411\' date=\'Aug 29 2009, 07:03 PM\']Thanks to having a couple of hours in Denver last night while waiting for the train back to Omaha, I finished up part 6, which is now posted:

http://www.mcsittel.com/html/gspt6.htm

My apologies for the delay; I spent most of the week in Boulder, CO at a meteorology conference and spent most of my free time hiking the trails around town after meetings.  What a beautiful part of the country!

Part 7 will be posted next weekend, with the last three parts posted after my daytime show airs on September 9th.

Matt[/quote]

It's like a good novel that you just can't put down until you get to the end.  I am hooked Matt, it has been a great read.
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

knagl

• Executive Producer
My Millionaire Story
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 04:40:46 AM »
Agreed with the others -- it's a great read, and I can't wait to find out how it all ends.  Hope you won lots of money!

mcsittel

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 09:17:07 AM »
http://www.mcsittel.com/html/gspt7.htm

Part 7 is now posted.

I'm planning on adding one last section after all 10 parts are posted which will answer any questions you might have about the whole experience that I didn't answer.  Feel free to post or e-mail me anything you'd like to know more about.

My show airs Wednesday, September 9th.

pentellit

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 04:07:15 PM »
[quote name=\'knagl\' post=\'224651\' date=\'Sep 1 2009, 01:40 AM\']Agreed with the others -- it's a great read, and I can't wait to find out how it all ends.  Hope you won lots of money![/quote]
I just have one complaint about your writing style;  IT'S TOO SLOW!!!

I want more please! ;)

pentellit

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 12:11:54 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'225013\' date=\'Sep 5 2009, 06:17 AM\']My show airs Wednesday, September 9th.[/quote]
It's here!!!!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
My Millionaire Story
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 12:14:15 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'225435\' date=\'Sep 9 2009, 11:11 AM\'][quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'225013\' date=\'Sep 5 2009, 06:17 AM\']My show airs Wednesday, September 9th.[/quote]
It's here!!!!
[/quote]
Question for my fellow Chicagoans--I set the VCR for both WGN airings, since I don't know which one's the rerun and which one's the first-run.  So, which one is which?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TimK2003

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »
I was hoping to watch Matt's appearance tonight on Millionaire, but it looks like it will be pre-empted for a bogus infomercial with somebody who will be trying to sell me some Healthcare instead...and it ain't Wilford "Diabeetus" Brimley!!!  

Hopefully, if things work out, our local station will air it later tonight...Just WHEN, that will be a different story!!!

/What is it with Presidents and their love of pre-empting game shows???

pentellit

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 12:08:53 AM »
What happened?!?!?!?!

chad1m

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 12:34:41 AM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'225510\' date=\'Sep 10 2009, 12:08 AM\']What happened?!?!?!?![/quote]http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18706

mcsittel

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 09:49:53 PM »
Finally I had time tonight to watch the show back and finish up the last 3 parts of the story.  All 10 parts are now posted.  The first of the three parts uploaded tonight is at http://www.mcsittel.com/html/gspt8.htm.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:50:14 PM by mcsittel »

tvmitch

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'226719\' date=\'Sep 22 2009, 09:49 PM\']Finally I had time tonight to watch the show back and finish up the last 3 parts of the story.  All 10 parts are now posted.  The first of the three parts uploaded tonight is at http://www.mcsittel.com/html/gspt8.htm.  Enjoy![/quote]
This is fantastic, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading the parts about your return road trip home. While on I-80, you weren't more than a couple hours north of my neck of the woods. I cannot imagine driving the length of I-80 that you did, there...at least in PA, it's one of the most boring roads I've ever driven.

I'm not sure I understand the rationale in not implementing the new money tree for you and the other 8 primetime holdover contestants. Perhaps I am a bit lost on the taping schedule for this season; I always thought they finished the majority of their season taping before November sweeps, maybe starting in August. I guess that's not the case. I enjoyed how the winnings were "adjusted" for the first nine contestants on the tournament leaderboard...I thought to myself, "I doubt Matt is going to be seeing that extra $4K."

The Detroit newspaper sounds interesting. I wonder if they publish different editions of that TV weekly...one for the metro, and one statewide?

I had a similar experience with the local media when I was on the show in 2000...I was one of the first, if not the first, from our hyphenated DMA to be on the show. The local newspapers (I was definitely the first contestant from my town) published stories about me and even sent photographers to our house, but the ABC affiliate never called, and I know they knew about my appearance. I can't imagine an easier news story to whip together, it practically writes itself. The beat reporters are always looking for stories like that.
You should follow me on Twitter

Jimmy Owen

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 11:50:27 AM »
The Detroit TV Book has one for the metro area, with more articles and ads and a little more detail in the grids.  It only covers stations receivable in the greater Detroit area including Toledo and Windsor/Sarnia stations.  The "state" edition has all the Michigan and a few Ontario stations listed but not as much detail. The state is a thinner book than the metro generally.  Last time I saw the metro it had a glossy cover and was an all-grid format.  The state was a combination of listings and grids with a newsprint cover.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:03:44 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.