Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will You Attend the Game Show Congress?  (Read 14884 times)

Winkfan

Will You Attend the Game Show Congress?
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2009, 07:32:23 PM »
One question remains: What other famous folk will show up; besides the honorees or those related to the honorees?

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

TimK2003

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2009, 09:56:46 PM »
Unless I can pull a $1000+ winning scratch-off lottery ticket or Powerball ticket between now and the 6th, I'm SOL.  But darn it, I will shoot for 2010 if there will be one.

tvrandywest

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2009, 01:24:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' post=\'229230\' date=\'Oct 25 2009, 04:32 PM\']One question remains: What other famous folk will show up; besides the honorees or those related to the honorees?

Cordially,
Tammy[/quote]
Lots of pending RSVPs still not ready to be announced, but you can count on Betty White, Tom Kennedy and the most successful creator of all time, Bob Stewart to be there and approachable.

After the awards ceremony, the hottest ticket is the Saturday night presentation by Tom.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

ten96lt

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2009, 03:26:39 AM »
Well I was going to go, but I found out my sister's performance in her school's rendition of Chicago is that weekend and if I skip that then lets just say any stories you read about my death being a suicide is false. LOL
If anyone can send me notes from the acing an audition workshop, I'd appreciate it.

tvrandywest

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2009, 12:49:22 PM »
Spoke with Tom Kennedy who's got his presentation set for Saturday night. I'm looking forward to seeing this, and looking forward to talking about Johnny Olson with his many friends and fans.

Did you know that Tom Kennedy's mother was a fan of Johnny's? Tom remembers the smile on his mom's face while she enjoyed listening to Johnny's biggest radio hit "Ladies Be Seated". Nice  ;-)

The brightest mind in games (TPiR, TTTT, Password, etc) will be on hand for the awards ceremony as Betty White accepts for Allen Ludden, Sunday. See ya there!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

chad1m

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »
I've made the decision to not attend this year. But I hope everyone who does has a superb time and takes lots of pictures and videos for us.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »
I would go, if I didn't live eleventy billion miles away from it. And if anyone in this family had any money.
Bobby Peacock

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »
God bless Bob Stewart.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2009, 06:51:20 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'229978\' date=\'Nov 6 2009, 01:41 PM\']God bless Bob Stewart.[/quote]

Better excuse: I'm heading down for a Wheel contestant cattle call in Jacksonville that weekend. (I was kidding about the money thing, obviously. But hey, I live in Michigan, where the unemployment rate is over 100%.)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:52:17 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

Hastin

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »
I just booked my hotel, GSC tickets, and a ticket for Monday's The Price is Right.

I can't wait! This is going to be a fun weekend! :)
-Hastin :)

Timsterino

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2009, 06:09:25 PM »
Have fun everyone! The timing makes it a no go for me. :) I can't wait to her the stories and see the pictures!

tvrandywest

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2009, 06:35:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'230139\' date=\'Nov 8 2009, 03:09 PM\']Have fun everyone! The timing makes it a no go for me. :) I can't wait to her the stories and see the pictures![/quote]
How sad, Tim. As a long-time friend, I was going to have you stand up and yell "Jackpot" when we give the award to Geoff Edwards, and Geoff was going to autograph your copy of "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time"   ;-)

The GSC7 program is stunning in both content and layout.
The excitement is building!! See you soon!!!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:42:20 PM by tvrandywest »

alfonzos

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2009, 08:47:28 PM »
I wish, but no.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Loogaroo

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2009, 05:46:11 PM »
Quick question: do those of us who are hosting the tournament have to register for the gold package, or can we just register for silver?
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

tvrandywest

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »
Some more specifics are being finalized - thought I'd share for those interested.

Betty White, Geoff Edwards, Tom Kennedy, Bob Stewart and David Michaels will all be speaking at the awards reception on Sunday - Steve Beverly (Da Prefessa) and I will be hosting. There will be great video of our honorees, and a special video cut for the occasion by a huge NY game show host / TV star(!)

While some appearances are still being confirmed, expect to see some of your favorite panelists / celebrity players in da house! Come if you can, meet some legends, and we'll talk about Johnny Olson! More info to come!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 05:39:06 PM by tvrandywest »