Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey interview  (Read 1462 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Drew Carey interview
« on: September 27, 2009, 02:18:36 AM »
A TV Squad interview with Drew Carey. He doesn't pull many punches, and more or less says the "funny" showcases weren't the best idea. Good read.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Drew Carey interview
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 02:29:10 AM »
Thanks for the link. That *is* really interesting, and it certainly explains some of the reactions around here to the OMG CHAAAAAAAAANGE.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pentellit

Drew Carey interview
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 11:11:01 PM »
I thought the interview was fine.  More like a conversation than an actual interview, which seemed to work well for Drew's style.  What I noticed most was that Drew was really cool and tactful while still being candid about golden-road.  I mean let's face it, g-r had initially become HateDrewCarey.con when he started hosting, but in spite of that Drew was very diplomatic about it and handled the subject very well I thought.

The other thing I noticed was the response to this 'interview'.  Both g-r and gsn were predominantly positive about it.  Sure there were a few of the "Drew is controlling the show and he fired our beloved Roger" harpies on g-r (exagerating for effect - but not much), but on gsn it was mostly positive response.  In all I'm sensing a change in attitude in alot of the "OMG, CHAAAAAAANGE!" b0is toward Drew, and especially this new season, and I think the audience and fans in general are ready to embrace Drew and enjoy Price, just because it's a great game show.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:27:44 AM by pentellit »