Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lifeline Change on WWTBAM  (Read 9047 times)

toetyper

Lifeline Change on WWTBAM
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 04:13:55 PM »
just give them a laptop for 30 secs; . let google sponsor it; god knows they have the money

tomobrien

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 04:58:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tvmitch\' post=\'227951\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 08:22 AM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'227950\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 08:18 AM\']I can see why they would cut that from a production standpoint.  I would suggest  "Turn to a Friend" you have in the relationship seat in studio.[/quote]
This is actually not a half-bad idea. Would really show the human side of these contestants and their in-studio counterpart. Opens up a dialogue to the friend after questions: "would you have known that?" etc.
[/quote]
OK, so you make into the Hot Seat and you have to tell your non-trivia-loving (or is it trivia-non-loving?) husband/wife/partner/whatever that they can't be in the relationship seat because it's needed for a lifeline?  That's [/i] undoubtedly going to make for some cheery discussions at home.

I'm in with Neumms on this; something similar to the way it was done on Maury's "Twenty-One" seems like it could work, but still, you'd be asking another friend to pay his or her way to New York.  That could prove pretty difficult for a lot of people.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »
I'm surprised all of this didn't happen before the season premiere in September.  That's two major changes since they started the new season - once with the money tree, and once with the lifeline.  Seems odd.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

CarShark

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »
[quote name=\'tomobrien\' post=\'227994\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 04:58 PM\']OK, so you make into the Hot Seat and you have to tell your non-trivia-loving (or is it trivia-non-loving?) husband/wife/partner/whatever that they can't be in the relationship seat because it's needed for a lifeline?  That's [/i] undoubtedly going to make for some cheery discussions at home.[/quote]But you're still allowed more than one relationship seat, right? So you'd just be displacing someone a bit more tertiary, I'd think.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'227923\' date=\'Oct 6 2009, 11:12 PM\']BINGO, Matt.
After the addition of the clock to end the l-o-n-g "thinkings", the phone-a-friend was the only element that required editing in post.[/quote]
The math doesn't add up for me.  Ask the Expert looks like it could take forever if the contestant so desired, and I can't think of anything in the PAF process that couldn't be done in a way so that no post-editing is needed.

Another effect of this new age of Photoshop directing.
This signature is currently under construction.

Darion Blackwood Daniel

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'227997\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 04:05 PM\']I'm surprised all of this didn't happen before the season premiere in September.  That's two major changes since they started the new season - once with the money tree, and once with the lifeline.  Seems odd.[/quote]In fact it is odd now that the only one of the original lifelines left is Ask the Audience.  Why just keep it the way that it is?  It should not be hard.
Love and Heart--The Blackwood Company

GrandMasterGalvatron

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Darion Blackwood Daniel\' post=\'228022\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 10:14 PM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'227997\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 04:05 PM\']I'm surprised all of this didn't happen before the season premiere in September.  That's two major changes since they started the new season - once with the money tree, and once with the lifeline.  Seems odd.[/quote]In fact it is odd now that the only one of the original lifelines left is Ask the Audience.  Why just keep it the way that it is?  It should not be hard.
[/quote]
Wait, 50-50's gone?  

This is what happens when you stop watching once it moves to daytime.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 12:03:33 AM »
[quote name=\'GrandMasterGalvatron\' post=\'228026\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 09:57 PM\']Wait, 50-50's gone?  
This is what happens when you stop watching once it moves to daytime.[/quote]
Well, Double Dip is basically the budget-cutter version of 50-50.

I agree that this is a WTF moment, because taking away a lifeline from a game that hasn't even been won in 7 years seems REALLY cheap. Sure, you Google-proof the game, but considering how hard the game is in the first place, I don't see why we can't keep it anyways.

Maybe this is their "catch" for raising the first five minimum from $1000 to $5000...and even that reason isn't solid.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

J.R.

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 12:59:50 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'228029\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 11:03 PM\']Well, Double Dip is basically the budget-cutter version of 50-50.[/quote]
I actually like Double Dip more than 50:50.

For example: How often did you hear contestants say "I think it's between two", use the 50:50, only to get unlucky and get stuck with those two answers anyway? At least with Double Dip, when you say "I think it's between two", you get a chance to actually see if it really was one of them with no penalty for choosing the wrong inkling. Literally putting your money where your mouth is, in other words.
-Joe Raygor