Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most Jeopardy-Wheel Pre-emptions!  (Read 7291 times)

polo23

Most Jeopardy-Wheel Pre-emptions!
« on: October 18, 2009, 03:57:44 AM »
I'd say the most pre-emptions now would be WNEM in Saginaw, MI. I wish CBS Television Distribution would have those programs pulled from stations that pre-empt the first-run episodes and give them to ones that would air them regularly.

Allstar87

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:25:37 AM »
In my neck of the woods, WJLA does it quite often...though these days, they usually pre-empt Wheel and show J!.

Thanks to WJLA, I missed out on WOF's million-dollar winner.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:26:04 AM by Allstar87 »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 03:22:08 AM »
My local ABC affiliate(WPVI-TV) failed to show the rest of the 10/9/09 episode of Wheel because of a strange glitch that caused it to revert back to the beginning of the "tape" several times.  This lasted for the rest of the half-hour after showing the first segment.  I wish I knew who won that game.  Oh well.  This was the first that I ran across an "unscheduled" pre-emption due to a technical problem.  Scheduled ones I don't mind because of football or the November elections.  It's the ones like that one from 10/09 that bothers me.

WhammyPower

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 10:44:14 AM »
When WoF used to air on WTMJ (before the mega affiliate switch), during football season, they would always preempt WoF for a weekly Packers show.

Today, they preempt a half-hour of local news.

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:13:05 AM »
I think WNEM's owners The Meredith Corporation should stick to publishing Better Homes & Gardens Magazine, and sell WNEM-TV. And WOF and J!, should move back in Flint to WJRT-TV ,the ABC O&O. I hope WNEM's contract runs out in 2010 so that WJRT can get them back.

KXTV 10 bumps WOF and J! for Kings games sending one, the other, or both to after Jimmy Kimmel or they are not shown that day at all. I hope CBS moves WOF and J! to NBC affiliate KCRA-TV or CBS O&O KOVR-TV. Our Sacramento Kings should have stayed at KMAX 31, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the Maloofs had to move them to a News 10, and it was because of a remark about the Kings by a KMAX personality that pissed off the Maloofs.

And as for the DC bumping of WOF on WJLA ABC 7, why is that?. Crappy infomercials?. Cheesy news specials?. WJLA should stop pre-empting WOF. Don't they know it's syndication's number 1 show?.

I hope there's no WOF and J! bumps on weekdays where you are, but I could be wrong.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »
WNEM is such a strong station in this market that people will watch it during infomercials.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

rugrats1

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 12:56:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'228820\' date=\'Oct 19 2009, 03:22 AM\']My local ABC affiliate(WPVI-TV) failed to show the rest of the 10/9/09 episode of Wheel because of a strange glitch that caused it to revert back to the beginning of the "tape" several times.  This lasted for the rest of the half-hour after showing the first segment.[/quote]

Remember when stations would put up a "Please Stand By" slide in event of technical difficulties, while they fix the problem? Today, it seems that stations would just let the problem go and let it air as is.

tpirfan28

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
Really lucky here - only scheduled preemptions are for Bears preseason.  I can't remember a time when a local event preempted something that late.  Network - well, that's a different story.

Weekend run - they only air Jeopardy (with an infomercial preceding it), and it doesn't seem to air very regularly anymore.  Usually 7:30, sometimes 7, sometimes not at all with either network overrrun or two infomercials.

[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'228833\' date=\'Oct 19 2009, 12:56 PM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'228820\' date=\'Oct 19 2009, 03:22 AM\']My local ABC affiliate(WPVI-TV) failed to show the rest of the 10/9/09 episode of Wheel because of a strange glitch that caused it to revert back to the beginning of the "tape" several times.  This lasted for the rest of the half-hour after showing the first segment.[/quote]Remember when stations would put up a "Please Stand By" slide in event of technical difficulties, while they fix the problem? Today, it seems that stations would just let the problem go and let it air as is.
[/quote]A couple times within the last couple years, Wheel went to break, and on the other side was Double Jeopardy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:16:31 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Lirodon

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 02:41:24 PM »
For Detroit, pretty much the same, usually only special events pre-empt the big two, our most recent one was Jeopardy being pre-empted for ... oh oh... ANOTHER game show :)

aaron sica

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 07:38:23 PM »
WHP in Harrisburg doesn't seem to pre-empt WoF and J! too often. My only complaint is that they're not in HD yet.

trainman

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »
I would argue that KABC (L.A.) and KGO (San Francisco) still hold the record, from the days of "Monday Night Football" on ABC -- they would slide the episodes back a day to account for the Monday pre-emption, but often the Saturday broadcast (i.e., the Friday show) would be pre-empted by college football or something else.
trainman is a man of trains

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 12:11:03 AM »
[quote name=\'polo23\' post=\'228779\' date=\'Oct 18 2009, 03:57 AM\']I'd say the most pre-emptions now would be WNEM in Saginaw, MI. I wish CBS Television Distribution would have those programs pulled from stations that pre-empt the first-run episodes and give them to ones that would air them regularly.[/quote]

Amen. I've seen them pre-empt at least one for a Time-Life infomercial, a homebrew special on a hospital, Better Mid-Michigan recaps, and now that lottery game show. More than twice, they've interrupted the show for five to ten minutes just to say "There were reports of a tornado, but it's gone now, don't worry, nothing's on the radar…". Darrin Bradley just can't say anything in fewer than 1000 words.

Compare this to WBKB of Alpena, which manages to show the WRONG FREAKING EPISODE half the time. I've seen them manage to show something that wasn't supposed to air until a whole week later, the same episode three days in a row, etc.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:14:46 AM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'228832\' date=\'Oct 19 2009, 11:29 AM\']WNEM is such a strong station in this market that people will watch it during infomercials.[/quote]

I thought WJRT was wit their popular ABC lineup of the docs and nurses Grey's Anatomy and those hot broads on Desperate Housewives.

I do hope JRT brings WOF and J! back and get back into airing them nightly next year. I do remember when WJRT had those when I was visiting an aunt in Michigan in the 1980's, and before that before I left Mid-Michigan in 1983, The Joker's Wild, Tic Tac Dough, Bullseye, Play The Percentages, Match Game (syndie daily,not MGPM) and in the 1970's a local version of Bowling For Dollars .

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 04:31:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'228863\' date=\'Oct 19 2009, 11:11 PM\']More than twice, they've interrupted the show for five to ten minutes just to say "There were reports of a tornado, but it's gone now, don't worry, nothing's on the radar…"[/quote]Doesn't that go along the lines of reporting local news and providing information to the viewing audience?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

rugrats1

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 08:00:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'228863\' date=\'Oct 20 2009, 12:11 AM\']Compare this to WBKB of Alpena... I've seen them manage to show something that wasn't supposed to air until a whole week later...[/quote]

Would have been interesting if such an incident happened at the end of en Jennings' reign on Jeopardy.