Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The story of my "Millionaire" experience  (Read 1900 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
The story of my "Millionaire" experience
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:43:42 AM »
Just a reminder...

Christian Carrion and Bob Hagh will be LIVE in the WSIN studio today from 5 to 6pm, when Christian will talk about his experience as a contestant last week on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".

It's one hell of a story...hear it live TODAY at 5pm on WSIN.

Live stream HERE! http://radio.southernct.edu/dev/listen_online/index.html
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

mxc0427

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »
Also, the Web site has a built-in chat function:

http://radio.southernct.edu/index.php/chatonline.html

You can chat with us LIVE! Isn't that amazing?!?

*Note: Any questions regarding Chris' performance on the show WILL BE IGNORED (So, don't be upset if we don't answer your question). Chris will announce the airdate during the broadcast.*

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »
A very pleasant update re: my experience on the show.

I just got a hand-written card in the mail from Meredith Vieira, the host of Millionaire:

"Dear Christian, You were great! As far as I am concerned, you DESERVE my job. All the best to you and Andrew. XOXOXO Meredith"
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

Hastin

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:24:07 AM »
What a great thing to get in the mail!

When is the episode airing?
-Hastin :)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:32:53 AM »
I got a tentative airdate of January 22. Which, I mean, yeah, it's a long time to wait (and to keep the secret), but I think it will be completely worth it.

My school is planning a huge viewing party in my honor, which will apparently also be filmed by the local news.

This whole experience is beyond comprehension...I can't believe this is what I have been missing.

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'229014\' date=\'Oct 22 2009, 06:32 AM\']I got a tentative airdate of January 22. Which, I mean, yeah, it's a long time to wait (and to keep the secret), but I think it will be completely worth it.[/quote]

I had to wait 8 months between taping and air, and nobody but my family (who were at the taping) knew the outcome.  Your friends SAY they want to know, but really, they don't.  They just don't know it.  What they REALLY want is to be able to watch the show when it airs and root for you without knowing the outcome in advance.  No episode is more exciting than when you know one of the contestants, but don't know how it turns out.

Looking forward to rooting for you on the 22nd!

- Peter