Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cash Cab drives into syndication....  (Read 1651 times)

weaklink75

Cash Cab drives into syndication....
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:18:02 PM »
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_displa...97a1b9f8293127e

(The question is, will they be new episodes, or is this rights to strip reruns of the Discovery shows?)...

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 04:24:55 PM »
The story says off-net, which is industry jargon for reruns.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:22:42 AM »
First time I can ever recall reruns of a multiple season game show in the modern era getting syndie rerun time like this. Not gonna say it's the worst idea in the world. I'll be honest, when I see the reruns, the questions never get old, so it's fine for me if nothing else is really on.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 12:51:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' post=\'229275\' date=\'Oct 27 2009, 12:22 AM\']First time I can ever recall reruns of a multiple season game show in the modern era getting syndie rerun time like this. Not gonna say it's the worst idea in the world. I'll be honest, when I see the reruns, the questions never get old, so it's fine for me if nothing else is really on.[/quote]
I think it's great exposure for a show that I found enjoyable, just never had time to catch. Wouldn't be surprised if it develops a new fanbase as a result...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:00:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' post=\'229275\' date=\'Oct 26 2009, 11:22 PM\']First time I can ever recall reruns of a multiple season game show in the modern era getting syndie rerun time like this. Not gonna say it's the worst idea in the world. I'll be honest, when I see the reruns, the questions never get old, so it's fine for me if nothing else is really on.[/quote]IIRC, they tried this with Debt back in '98 or so and it bombed out badly.
--Mark
Phil 4:13