Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For Those Who Couldn't Make The Congreff in L.A. Today...  (Read 3522 times)

TimK2003

For Those Who Couldn't Make The Congreff in L.A. Today...
« on: November 15, 2009, 04:14:56 PM »
Shokus Radio (as I write this) is broadcasting LIVE from the Game Show Congress @ the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn.  

Right now, they are playing last night's presentations, but are scheduled to air the awards presentations to Geoff Edwards and Betty White (For Allen Ludden), and selected pre-and post-game interviews as the afternoon goes on.

Listen Live at www.shokusradio.com
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:15:59 PM by TimK2003 »

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 04:56:13 PM »
Lucky ducks. Hope y'all are having a blast.
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'230638\' date=\'Nov 15 2009, 04:14 PM\']....And the Cleveland Browns STILL Suck!!!![/quote]
And you STILL Swallow!!! But you're also right, dag nab it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:02:59 PM by Don Howard »

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »
BTW, just heard that Johnny Gilbert is giving a surprise award to a mystery guest unbeknownst to the participants.  But Johnny but just spilled the beans.  

Get the coffee ready Mr. Ottinger, sounds like Don Pardo is on his way to GSC!!!

Actually, the tables were turned on both Johnny and us listeners...Twas JOHNNY that got the special announcers award.  Way to go, Mr. Gilbert, you deserved the honor. He was under the assumption he was to present to Don Pardo.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:42:55 PM by TimK2003 »

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:02:21 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'230644\' date=\'Nov 15 2009, 05:00 PM\']Get the coffee ready, Don Pardo is on his way to GSC!!![/quote]
Dammit! I'm 2 for 2 on missing both him and Geoff Edwards now. Pics! Take lots of pics. I am way beyond envious.

TimK2003

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 08:04:29 PM »
Let me be one of the first to say THANK YOU to Stu Shostak & Company for the LIVE presentation of the Sunday awards show.

It was great to hear from some of the dignitaries in attendance, and the play-by-play of the happenings.  I just hope that GSC will happen next year, and it will be bigger & better than this year.  And I hope to be a true participant of it in California in 2010!!!

I'm also glad that the weather here was crappy today, since I had to get some stuff done near the computer, I was able to hear the bulk of the 5+ hours of festivities on Shokus Radio.

Thanks again to all involved!!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 08:06:14 PM by TimK2003 »

tvrandywest

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »
Don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I wanted to immediately express my joy and thanks to those who made journey and were so kind. It was great to see so many old friends and new faces from among our Big Board members. And know that our esteemed Matt Ottinger represented us well, brilliantly handling organizational, operating and performing tasks for GSC.

What a wonderful weekend. Thanks to all for the warm welcomes and kind words. And congratulations to Paul Bailey for making his magic. Look for Stu Shostak to repeat highlights of the event on Shokus radio. Let's do it again, soon!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:15:08 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:24:38 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'230661\' date=\'Nov 15 2009, 10:20 PM\']And know that our esteemed Matt Ottinger represented us well, brilliantly handling organizational, operating and performing tasks for GSC.[/quote]
Randy is, as usual overly kind.  I was so preoccupied with the organizational and operating part that I completely flummoxed my one and only performing part -- which was to introduce Randy himself, so that he and Steve could guide us so masterfully through the Sunday afternoon proceedings.

Despite the odd calendar and the slightly smaller crowd and the ever-so-slightly-less luminary star power, this was still another magical weekend.  I always spread myself too thin at these things, wanting to take a nibble out of all of it rather than focus on one event.  I therefore didn't get to spend as much time at the game playing, the event to which most of our Forum attendees tended to gravitate.  My apologies to those of you with whom I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked.

Meanwhile, Adam has uploaded the first set of pictures that I've seen.  He even has one of me.  I think it's my best side.  There's also Stu's coverage, which will repeat often on Shokus Radio.  I'll have some video clips up in a couple of weeks.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

opimus

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'230714\' date=\'Nov 16 2009, 11:24 PM\'][quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'230661\' date=\'Nov 15 2009, 10:20 PM\']And know that our esteemed Matt Ottinger represented us well, brilliantly handling organizational, operating and performing tasks for GSC.[/quote]
Randy is, as usual overly kind.  I was so preoccupied with the organizational and operating part that I completely flummoxed my one and only performing part -- which was to introduce Randy himself, so that he and Steve could guide us so masterfully through the Sunday afternoon proceedings.

Despite the odd calendar and the slightly smaller crowd and the ever-so-slightly-less luminary star power, this was still another magical weekend.  I always spread myself too thin at these things, wanting to take a nibble out of all of it rather than focus on one event.  I therefore didn't get to spend as much time at the game playing, the event to which most of our Forum attendees tended to gravitate.  My apologies to those of you with whom I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked.

Meanwhile, Adam has uploaded the first set of pictures that I've seen.  He even has one of me.  I think it's my best side.  There's also Stu's coverage, which will repeat often on Shokus Radio.  I'll have some video clips up in a couple of weeks.
[/quote]
Matt, is there another way to see them without having to join facebook?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »
[quote name=\'opimus\' post=\'230724\' date=\'Nov 17 2009, 10:31 AM\']Matt, is there another way to see them without having to join facebook?[/quote]
No clue, but I doubt it.  That's where these particular pictures are.  If Adam wants to post them somewhere else, or if somebody else posts theirs somewhere else, I'm sure somebody will post a link to those.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Yogi007

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »
Wow, those are some really great pictures (blurry or not)!  Thank you for sharing them, Adam!
sarcasm included at no extra charge

KWJCDon

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »
Excellent shots!! Thank's for sharing.

I really have to plan to go next year. Is there one next year?

tvrandywest

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 06:52:37 PM »
[quote name=\'KWJCDon\' post=\'230756\' date=\'Nov 17 2009, 02:41 PM\']Excellent shots!! Thank's for sharing.
I really have to plan to go next year. Is there one next year?[/quote]
Funny you should ask! Paul Bailey (our esteemed Founder and President) has already circulated some preliminary ideas for GSC8 among our esteamy organizing stink-tank! So stay tuned!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Winkfan

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »
For me, THE highlight was witnessing Johnny Gilbert getting his special honor. Why, just before the ceremony began, I told him that I felt he should be honored real soon. But even I had no idea it would be THAT soon! (And let's just leave it at that, you dig?)

Well, now I'm saving up for GSC 8! (Whenever and wherever that will happen.....)

To Adam: great pictures!

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)