Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Home Game Frankenstein  (Read 2756 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Home Game Frankenstein
« on: January 03, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
When I used to come up with new games/ game shows to play at home, it wasn't uncommon for me to take pieces/ gameboards/ wheels/ etc. from various games to come up with some new creations. Has anybody else done that, or even "improved" other games by adding parts from others?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:35:11 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

alfonzos

Home Game Frankenstein
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
Now that you mention it, I would like to take the clues from TV Scrabble and use them in a game of PDQ.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

William_S.

Home Game Frankenstein
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:10:01 PM »
I took sets of Small toys: A zoo, a car garage, Castle Greyskull, and some GIJoe stations with some Little people and monopoly money in different places to make a somewhat replica of the Fun House!
Others are: Chance of a Lifetime's Keyboard using an Up-Words board.
Life's wheel on top of a record player for Melody Roulette.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:47:50 PM by William_S. »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Home Game Frankenstein
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »
[quote name=\'William_S.\' post=\'233497\' date=\'Jan 3 2010, 06:10 PM\']Others are: Chance of a Lifetime's Keyboard using an Up Words board.[/quote]
This is a really exceptional idea, and would be a fine used letter board for WOF, too.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Home Game Frankenstein
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 04:42:41 PM »
I know I've mentioned this before. The Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus game is a really, really bad game on its own merits, but the multiple-choice questions they use are perfect for Tattletales.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

aaron sica

Home Game Frankenstein
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »
As used at GSC7 (if not others), the number-one answer from the "Family Feud" home games works well to use when playing "Card Sharks" at home..

Jeremy Nelson

Home Game Frankenstein
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'233540\' date=\'Jan 4 2010, 03:42 PM\']I know I've mentioned this before. The Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus game is a really, really bad game on its own merits, but the multiple-choice questions they use are perfect for Tattletales.[/quote]
Good to know. I'd been using Scruples as my main source of content for some time now.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.