Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS affiliate schedule changes  (Read 3500 times)

snowpeck

CBS affiliate schedule changes
« on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »
The CBS affiliate here in Knoxville, TN, as of this week, has moved Let's Make a Deal to 10AM, putting it back to back with Price.  Anybody else's station doing the old switcheroo this late in the game?

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

rwalker

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
I think NYC does, and I've read that LMAD is on at 9am pt, right before Price.

There are a few stations doing some strange things, TPIR is on at 11 CT in St. Louis/Western Illinois market. I guess they tape delay it, because it couldn't be from the West Coast feed

snowpeck

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 12:35:31 PM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'233721\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 12:05 PM\']I think NYC does, and I've read that LMAD is on at 9am pt, right before Price.

There are a few stations doing some strange things, TPIR is on at 11 CT in St. Louis/Western Illinois market. I guess they tape delay it, because it couldn't be from the West Coast feed[/quote]

What I meant was, did anybody's station make a change recently?  They had LMAD on at 3PM here from its debut and moved it to 10AM just this week.  I'm also wondering what the thinking was behind the sudden switch, but obviously that can't be answered here.

Greg
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:40:22 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

rwalker

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »
I think LA tried to move TPIR to 3pm during the 31st season(thereabouts?) and ended up moving it back to 10am.

Can't see why they are doing so, there's not anything really big in syndication that should be bumping it in the first place.

MizzouRah!

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 03:00:01 PM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'233721\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 12:05 PM\']I think NYC does, and I've read that LMAD is on at 9am pt, right before Price.

There are a few stations doing some strange things, TPIR is on at 11 CT in St. Louis/Western Illinois market. I guess they tape delay it, because it couldn't be from the West Coast feed[/quote]
KMOX StL has been doing this for a long time. They delay Y & R to late afternoons as competition to Oprah, etc. + a good lead in to their local news. Originally they delayed TPiR 25 hours, so it made for some odd moments if they had a guest on to promote a show for that evening. We don't live in that market anymore, so I'm not sure if it's same day delay now.

El Cheapo

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'233733\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 02:00 PM\'][quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'233721\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 12:05 PM\']I think NYC does, and I've read that LMAD is on at 9am pt, right before Price.

KMOX StL has been doing this for a long time. They delay Y & R to late afternoons as competition to Oprah, etc. + a good lead in to their local news. Originally they delayed TPiR 25 hours, so it made for some odd moments if they had a guest on to promote a show for that evening. We don't live in that market anymore, so I'm not sure if it's same day delay now.
[/quote]

It's been on same-day delay on KMOV for a few years now.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:23:16 PM by El Cheapo »

tpirfan28

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 03:42:46 PM »
Many moons ago when Indiana was on "Indiana Time", they aired TPIR at 10 proper for a while, then shifted to tape-delay 11 midway through one summer.

Now my ABC affiliate - they stopped putting show titles with their "today/tonight at <time>" voiceover because they changed everything so many freaking times.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

chrisholland03

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »
Growing up, our NBC affiliate would air their soap operas in the morning and game shows in the afternoon.  So I always got to catch $ale of the Century and Super Password right after school.

MizzouRah!

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
[quote name=\'El Cheapo\' post=\'233734\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 03:23 PM\'][quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'233733\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 02:00 PM\'][quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'233721\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 12:05 PM\']I think NYC does, and I've read that LMAD is on at 9am pt, right before Price.

[/quote]

It's been on same-day delay on KMOV for a few years now.
[/quote]Thanks for the update!! Also for clarifying the KMOX and KMOV. When I think StL, KMOX always comes to mind. Heck, KMOX radio used to pull a 20+ rating back in the day.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 01:01:48 AM »
I think we're losing focus on what the original question was:  has anyone's CBS affiliate moved LMAD from the afternoon to the morning SINCE it debuted?

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 02:40:41 PM »
No change in Seattle--KIRO-TV still has it at 2PM, according to the grid at KIROTV.com
--Matt

Mr. Brown

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 01:36:02 AM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'233721\' date=\'Jan 6 2010, 11:05 AM\']There are a few stations doing some strange things, TPIR is on at 11 CT in St. Louis/Western Illinois market. I guess they tape delay it, because it couldn't be from the West Coast feed[/quote]

WAFB in Baton Rouge, LA tape delays Price for an 11AM CT airing, too. It always used to piss me off, because they weren't able to air it in HD as a result.

Talking with people who worked in the industry there, they did it for the lead-in for the noon news. In addition, they tape delayed Y&R till 4pm, for a lead-in to the 5pm news.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

Don Howard

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' post=\'233768\' date=\'Jan 7 2010, 01:01 AM\']I think we're losing focus on what the original question was:  has anyone's CBS affiliate moved LMAD from the afternoon to the morning SINCE it debuted?[/quote]
It's looking like that ship has sailed. But we'll try another time: Has anyone else's CBS station moved LMAD's time period since its premiere? If no, no need to answer and the thread will die. If yes, in what market and to when? Thank you.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
Considering I [still] can't get the digital station of WBBM, its still at 9am in Chicago.