Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two questions about Supermarket Sweep  (Read 9976 times)

WilliamPorygon

Supermarket Sweep
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »
[quote name=\'cool245\' post=\'239439\' date=\'Apr 13 2010, 04:14 PM\']Someone told me years ago that they remember a shopper during the Lifetime run who only had 1:30 running in the market without their cart and using their entire sweep time trying to get a bonus list and failing to do so in time causing their total to be $0. I have a feeling that were just kidding, but does anyone actually remember an event happening. I know their were times when a shopper went into the market without their cart but it was usually just to get a inflatable bonus they saw.[/quote]

I remember something like that happening a couple of times, though in the instances I remember they did have a couple of the items from the grocery list so the total was something like $3 or $4 rather than $0.

I also remember one time where a team that was well behind time-wise tried going mainly for bonuses, but incurred a penalty for failing to pick up an item they knocked over and actually ended up with a total less than the value of all of their bonuses.

Jeremy Nelson

Supermarket Sweep
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 07:07:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'239398\' date=\'Apr 13 2010, 03:51 AM\']The one mini-game I didn't like was the box stacking game.  If one team stacked the boxes to their table, the next team can do the same thing & then the third team before the first team puts the stack back.  That was kinda confusing to follow.[/quote]

Basically, there were three or five boxes (like Tide, Tootsie Roll, etc.) on a neutral table. You could put as many of the boxes on your team's table during the Big Sweep. However, at anytime during the sweep, another runner could put the boxes on THEIR table. At the final bell, each box on your table counts for $50.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.