Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fremantle to take 'Push the Button' worldwide  (Read 4555 times)

Kniwt

Fremantle to take 'Push the Button' worldwide
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:40:35 AM »
According to this short article, Fremantle is collaborating with Ant and Dec's independent production company, Gallowgate, to export the "Push the Button" format to global markets.
FremantleMedia president of worldwide entertainment Rob Clark said, “We’re delighted to be able to extend our relationship with Gallowgate and work again with Ant and Dec. Push The Button is a fantastically creative format and its family friendly approach to entertainment is the perfect position for FremantleMedia at this market. We’re confident that Push The Button will be a great commercial success.”
So ... it's a show that really is tailor-made for two hosts. In the USA: who? Bill Anderson and Sarah Purcell might be available.

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »
August 5th, 2010 at 8PM EDT on Fox.  You heard it here first.

/Seriously, do you expect anything different?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »
So ... it's a show that really is tailor-made for two hosts. In the USA: who? Bill Anderson and Sarah Purcell might be available.

Nah...The Better Sex is still on hold by ABC isn't it?  They have to be available for that instead  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chrisholland03

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »
It takes two hosts to officiate a show where one contestant pushes a button?

Sounds like we have a winner, folks!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:00:10 PM »
[quote name=\'chrisholland03\' post=\'239502\' date=\'Apr 14 2010, 10:22 AM\']It takes two hosts to officiate a show where one contestant pushes a button?

Sounds like we have a winner, folks![/quote]Have you actually seen the program in question, Chris?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

chrisholland03

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 08:05:27 PM »
(it was a joke)

(but it reminded me of a show on GSN)

(named how much is enough)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »
[quote name=\'chrisholland03\' post=\'239514\' date=\'Apr 14 2010, 05:05 PM\'](it was a joke)

(but it reminded me of a show on GSN)

(named how much is enough)[/quote]I'm sure that's true. Push the Button is closer to Beat the Clock for us, and the reason it has two hosts is that Ant&Dec are a double act, to the point that each has a £1m life insurance policy on the other. They're the reason that American Idol was hosted by Ryan Seacrest and That Guy.

PTB is a simple format that doesn't require lots of rules, but the games are clever, the payoffs are decent and the watching is fun.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

That Don Guy

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:09:45 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'239494\' date=\'Apr 14 2010, 05:50 AM\']August 5th, 2010 at 8PM EDT on Fox.  You heard it here first.[/quote]
Actually, The Futon Critic is under the impression that Glee is moving into that time slot (for whatever reason, Fox is moving Hell's Kitchen (and Masterchef, when it starts) to Tuesday, the So You Think You Can Dance? performance shows to Wednesday, and Glee and the SYTYCD results shows to Thursday).

You probably mean Friday, August 6 (and they can air repeats on Sundays from 7 to 8 during football season on days when Fox doesn't have a doubleheader).

-- Don

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:03:59 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'239520\' date=\'Apr 14 2010, 09:26 PM\']Push the Button is closer to Beat the Clock for us.[/quote]
I'd wager for those not familiar with BtC, this would sound more like Minute to Win It, and that doesn't sound very appealing, no matter how much of The Chemical Brothers you use.
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 12:02:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'239525\' date=\'Apr 14 2010, 08:03 PM\'][quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'239520\' date=\'Apr 14 2010, 09:26 PM\']Push the Button is closer to Beat the Clock for us.[/quote]
I'd wager for those not familiar with BtC, this would sound more like Minute to Win It, and that doesn't sound very appealing[/quote]
And yet I know people who are NOT traditional game show fans who are having parties around Minute To Win It where they watch the show and then try to do the stunts themselves. I did not realize just how brilliant the "household items" angle was until I learned that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 12:54:50 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'239528\' date=\'Apr 15 2010, 12:02 AM\']I did not realize just how brilliant the "household items" angle was until I learned that.[/quote]

Just tonight, we did the very same in our home. The moment the show went to commercial, two of us raced for a soda can and tried to balance it on a 45 degree angle.

Although I may be an oddity, having played more than one impromptu game of Will It Float?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'239531\' date=\'Apr 15 2010, 12:54 AM\']Although I may be an oddity, having played more than one impromptu game of Will It Float?[/quote]
I'm not sure why, but I lol'd.
This signature is currently under construction.

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 01:58:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' post=\'239493\' date=\'Apr 14 2010, 07:40 AM\']According to this short article, Fremantle is collaborating with Ant and Dec's independent production company, Gallowgate, to export the "Push the Button" format to global markets.[/quote]

The host will be someone... you don't even know.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »
I know people who are NOT traditional game show fans who are having parties around Minute To Win It where they watch the show and then try to do the stunts themselves. I did not realize just how brilliant the "household items" angle was until I learned that.
I recall someone (on Buzzerblog?) posting that s/he liked to hold parties based on the show...and yet made said comment before the show debuted.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:01:21 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'239546\' date=\'Apr 15 2010, 12:15 PM\']I recall someone stating they held parties based on the show...before the show debuted.[/quote]
Which says precisely nothing about the show catching on and everything about hype. My point is that people for whom the show would be completely off the radar are now watching it because of the playalong factor.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe