Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Remembering a Game Show  (Read 2275 times)

Bertie Bott

Remembering a Game Show
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »
Perhaps you guys can help me. I remember watching about 10-15 years ago a game show on Animal Planet which featured competitiors and their dogs. They had to do tasks such as "bomb" sniffing where they had to sniff out an object. This took place on a city scene like set. Another game in the competition took place in a park. Another game occurred in the studio where they ran a typical dog obstacle course. Finally, there was a part where I believe they raced to the top of a stage (ala Nickelodeon GUTS and the Aggro Crag) where the dogs had to complete objectives along the way.  

If anyone could help me identify this game show, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

chad1m

Remembering a Game Show
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »
Sounds to me like you're thinking about That's My Dog! Here's a YouTube clip you can watch to verify if you'd like. :)

/I love your beans.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:51:26 PM by chad1m »

irismason42

Remembering a Game Show
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:56:36 PM »
Plus, it was on The Family Channel, not Animal Planet JTLYK.

WilliamPorygon

Remembering a Game Show
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:02:19 PM »
No, That's My Dog aired on Family Channel.  He's referring to Zig & Zag: Alpha Dog Challenge, which I remember watching every day when it was on.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be on Youtube at all.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:04:24 PM by WilliamPorygon »

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Remembering a Game Show
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »
[quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' post=\'242605\' date=\'Jun 16 2010, 10:02 PM\']He's referring to Zig & Zag: Alpha Dog Challenge, which I remember watching every day when it was on.[/quote]

And I thought I was the only one who remembered that show. Wasn't too bad, actually. Although, honestly, about the only reason I watched it was to hear Kalehoff's theme music [listed as "Globe Trotting" on his samples page, if you care].
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Bertie Bott

Remembering a Game Show
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:04:49 AM »
That's the name of the show! Thank you SO much guys. Now into the tape trading world to see if I can track down any episodes

Bertie Bott

Remembering a Game Show
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 07:58:56 AM »
Sorry if I can't double post but I was wondering if anyone happens to have any episodes of this show? I have quite a large trade collection and I was hoping to get my hands on a copy of the show.