Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Claudia Speaks Out  (Read 13254 times)

HSquares2003

Claudia Speaks Out
« on: November 18, 2003, 11:01:46 AM »
http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/imander/gameshows/claudia3.html

Sounds like the old man basically ran off another member of his staff. Syd Vinedge was the only reason Rod saw a couple seconds of camera time on the premiere of season 32.

Matt Ottinger

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 11:19:34 AM »
It is absolutely stunning to me that Claudia would do an blunt, on-the-record interview like that for, of all places, a fan site called Toeth's Game Show Insights.  Is the atmosphere really that acidic over there?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 11:19:52 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

HSquares2003

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 11:22:17 AM »
That I don't know as I haven't completely checked his site out. I guess as to not "rock the boat", Marc locked the thread about this on his site temporarily for his own reasons(golden-road.net)

inturnaround

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 11:48:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 11:19 AM\'] It is absolutely stunning to me that Claudia would do an blunt, on-the-record interview like that for, of all places, a fan site called Toeth's Game Show Insights.  Is the atmosphere really that acidic over there? [/quote]
It would seem so. I guess that Claudia could speak openly for the first time and she wasn't going to lie when she was asked a straight question.

It's a shame that things seem to be so bad.

Though I'd never give an interview subject final approval. Maybe this is the amateur journalist in me, but that just doesn't seem like a good idea.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 11:55:32 AM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

cmjb13

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 11:59:09 AM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 11:22 AM\'] That I don't know as I haven't completely checked his site out. I guess as to not "rock the boat", Marc locked the thread about this on his site temporarily for his own reasons(golden-road.net) [/quote]
 He has nothing to worry about.

During one of my conversations with Roger, that site was brought up. He then said he wasn't going to that site anymore as all the posters do is complain about a bad rotation of games, they hate this game, they hate that game.

However, I did send him the link to this group as he had been to ATGS recently and asked what happened. I told him the good people moved here. Whether he actually checked this site out is a different story.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 12:18:16 PM »
Wow. You smell that? That's the smell of a bridge burning, folks....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

urbanpreppie05

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 12:49:21 PM »
During one of my conversations with Roger, that site was brought up. He then said he wasn't going to that site anymore as all the posters do is complain about a bad rotation of games, they hate this game, they hate that game.

I thought I was the only one who noticed....all the people do there anymore is complain about how they hate what they've done to the show and how things need to go back to the way it was. Sigh....I don't blame them for not visiting one bit. What started as a great board has turned into a GSN boards2.
insert signature here

Mario500

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 01:15:15 PM »
Something very peculiar about that interview! Can't put my thumb on it right now, but I'll be examining this for a bit to find out.

Timsterino

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 01:26:22 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 01:49 PM\']

I thought I was the only one who noticed....all the people do there anymore is complain about how they hate what they've done to the show and how things need to go back to the way it was. Sigh....I don't blame them for not visiting one bit. What started as a great board has turned into a GSN boards2. [/quote]
 Marc's site is still great and I still enjoy visiting there. Opinions are always welcomed there. With every topic you will always have complaints and opinions, both good and bad. It is a part of life and not necessarily a bad thing.

As far as Toeth's interview goes, I say it was enlightening and well done.

Skynet74

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 03:08:29 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 12:18 PM\'] Wow. You smell that? That's the smell of a bridge burning, folks.... [/quote]

I admire Claudia for being so honest. I knew I wasn't the only one who thought the Rod tribute was so short that it was almost insulting. Good to see Claudia is on the same wave length as so many others here. As a matter of fact I think the members of this board have been extremely accurate in our perception of what behind the scenes at Price is actually like. It's simply not the same show that it was 10 years ago.

John

tommycharles

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 03:34:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 03:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 12:18 PM\'] Wow. You smell that? That's the smell of a bridge burning, folks.... [/quote]

[/quote]
 Looking at the things she said, I don't think burning bridges was a concern. Seems like as far as she's concerned, Bob took care of that.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 04:39:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 01:34 PM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 03:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 12:18 PM\'] Wow. You smell that? That's the smell of a bridge burning, folks.... [/quote]

[/quote]
Looking at the things she said, I don't think burning bridges was a concern. Seems like as far as she's concerned, Bob took care of that. [/quote]
 Oh, no quesiton. I'm just saying, it's pretty obvious she has no plans to return, like, ever. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2003, 04:50:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 04:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 01:34 PM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 03:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 12:18 PM\'] Wow. You smell that? That's the smell of a bridge burning, folks.... [/quote]

[/quote]
Looking at the things she said, I don't think burning bridges was a concern. Seems like as far as she's concerned, Bob took care of that. [/quote]
Oh, no quesiton. I'm just saying, it's pretty obvious she has no plans to return, like, ever. :) [/quote]
 How many Beauties left and came back?

Although Gena Lee Nolin probably wishes she never left.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2003, 02:30:26 AM »
Yikes, that line about Barker wanting to be the only recognizable figure on the show is very telling and probably confirms a lot of people's suspicions.

What's next, a 20-foot statue of Barker in the CBS parking lot? Maybe he'll demand that they change the name of the company to "Columbia Barker System".

Matt Ottinger

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2003, 08:29:50 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 05:50 PM\'] Gena Lee Nolin probably wishes she never left. [/quote]
Considering that she's had just about the most successful post-TPIR career of any of the models and is now internationally famous, I would love to know the logic behind that statement.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 08:30:57 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.