Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Claudia Speaks Out  (Read 13253 times)

cmjb13

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2003, 08:53:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 08:29 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 05:50 PM\'] Gena Lee Nolin probably wishes she never left. [/quote]
Considering that she's had just about the most successful post-TPIR career of any of the models and is now internationally famous, I would love to know the logic behind that statement. [/quote]
 But what has she done since TPIR?

She's been living off her Baywatch fame for years. In hindsight, leaving was a dumb move considering which show lasted longer.

And you think she's more famous than Cindy Margolis? (one of the, if not the, most download woman on the web, making lots of money from her website)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Matt Ottinger

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2003, 10:32:43 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 09:53 AM\'] But what has she done since TPIR?

She's been living off her Baywatch fame for years. In hindsight, leaving was a dumb move considering which show lasted longer.

And you think she's more famous than Cindy Margolis? (one of the, if not the, most download woman on the web, making lots of money from her website) [/quote]
 Since TPIR, she's starred in two television series and made countless personal appearances based on her fame, fame that would not be nearly as great if she was still pointing at refrigerators on a game show, which as we've seen isn't nearly as secure a job as you're suggesting anyway.  It's inconceivable that she considers leaving TPIR to have been a bad career move.  

And yes, Gina Lee Nolin is more famous than Cindy Margolis.  Fame on the internet is still a marginal thing compared to television fame, especially the sort of international recognition that Baywatch and, yes, even Sheena provided.  (Margolis' late-night TV show did little to improve her visibility.)  As a shrewd businesswoman, Margolis is almost certainly more *successful* from a financial point of view, but definitely not more famous.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Mike Tennant

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2003, 10:53:33 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 02:30 AM\']What's next, a 20-foot statue of Barker in the CBS parking lot? Maybe he'll demand that they change the name of the company to "Columbia Barker System".[/quote]
Perhaps a Barker bobblehead?  Hey, Chuck Woolery got one!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2003, 11:35:45 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 06:53 AM\'] And you think she's more famous than Cindy Margolis? (one of the, if not the, most download woman on the web, making lots of money from her website) [/quote]
 Margolis's fame is more self-proclaimed than anything. I would love to see some good, solid numbers to back up her own hype. I bet she can't produce them. Hell, I could declare that I'm the most downloaded MAN on the Internet and most people wouldn't know where to go to prove me wrong.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ClockGameJohn

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 04:00:29 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 11:59 AM\']I told him the good people moved here. [/quote]
While I appreciate your information, are you saying that because I frequent Golden-Road.net more often than this site I am not "good?"

Am I good enough to be here?  I help Moderate Golden-Road.net and certainly there are posts that I don't like either.  I don't generally dislike games, contestants, or many other things that are posted.  Unfortunately, some people do; they are opinions and it's a free country.  I try to allow people to speak their opinion that they are entitled to.  We do NOT allow any direct negative commentary on fellow fan sites or their respective members.

I enjoy visiting this site as well as many others.  I will continue to, as you have proved that your attitude displayed here does not represent anyone but yourself, and does not discount the other fine people here who post and help operate this site.

I would be willing to bet that 1/2 of the members of G-R.net also post here.  I'm just unsure as to the saltyness of your post what you are trying to accomplish.

Sorry to drag this off topic, as well.  It just struck me a little wrong when you stated the "good people" all moved here from ATGS.

cmjb13

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 06:58:06 AM »
The good people from ATGS as opposed to what that place is now.

You are reading into "good" too much.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Matt Ottinger

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 10:55:28 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Nov 20 2003, 05:00 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 11:59 AM\']I told him the good people moved here. [/quote]
While I appreciate your information, are you saying that because I frequent Golden-Road.net more often than this site I am not "good?" [/quote]
 I *really* don't think that's what he meant.  The way I read that last sentence was that Roger asked him specifically what had happened to ATGS, and he said that the good people -- meaning the people who made ATGS good -- moved here.  I think that's a fair statement.  This forum was specifically set up as a general discussion alternative to the Usenet group that had become overrun with trolls.

In addition, I'm sure many of us also visit other message boards.  Many "good" TPIR fans go to Golden-Road, I'm a "good" Jeopardy fan and I routinely visit Sony's official boards, and the GSN boards continue to be the most visited of all.  I'm sure there's tons of overlap, and when I look in on one of those other boards, I immediately see names I recognize.

Since I don't visit your board very often, I can't speak to the criticism in the first paragraph, but even there, that looked like it was coming from Roger, not the author of the post.  Still, I really think the second comment was directed at what ATGS has become, and didn't have anything to do with Golden-Road.net.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cmjb13

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 12:47:56 PM »
I *really* don't think that's what he meant.  The way I read that last sentence was that Roger asked him specifically what had happened to ATGS, and he said that the good people -- meaning the people who made ATGS good -- moved here.
You read correctly.

Since I don't visit your board very often, I can't speak to the criticism in the first paragraph, but even there, that looked like it was coming from Roger, not the author of the post.
Correct again, but I'm in agreement with those comments as well.  

Still, I really think the second comment was directed at what ATGS has become
You're good.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 12:48:16 PM by cmjb13 »

HSquares2003

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2003, 01:23:27 PM »
Found this link as well(I don't think I've seen this one here before, correct me if I am wrong)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheClaudiaJordanGroup/

Claudia looks really good in the bowling alley pic.

cmjb13

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2003, 01:28:55 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 01:23 PM\'] Found this link as well(I don't think I've seen this one here before, correct me if I am wrong)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheClaudiaJordanGroup/

Claudia looks really good in the bowling alley pic. [/quote]
 That group is now moderated by a fan who was recently her guest at Price.

starsfan54

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2003, 10:32:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 12:26 PM\']As far as Toeth's interview goes, I say it was enlightening and well done.[/quote]
That goes double for me! I applaud Claudia for saying what she did. To actually say what many of us are thinking is very refreshing to see. That interview was very well done.

chuckwooleryfan

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2003, 10:52:21 PM »
I for one don't give a **** about what happens behind the scenes of TPiR. As long as it doesn't affect the game in any way, I don't see why I have to slap Bob on the wrist for his so-called makeout with his female co-workers, whether it be Claudia or someone else that has already left.

What matters in the end is that The Price is Right is still fun to watch, despite what some people here might say otherwise. I never even bother trying to memorize the names of the new models, and I don't see how gameplay has been greatly affected by all these backstage scandals.

As long as it goes like that, that's fine with me.

Skynet74

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2003, 11:52:58 PM »
[quote name=\'chuckwooleryfan\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 10:52 PM\'] I don't see how gameplay has been greatly affected by all these backstage scandals.

As long as it goes like that, that's fine with me. [/quote]

You are right..... Game Play hasn't been effected by what goes on behind the scenes. Unfortunately the fun of the show has been greatly effected. Anyone who remembers watching the show 20 years ago will remember The Price Is Right being much more than your typical Game Show. The program had a family feel to it. Bob would interact much more with the contestants. He would also invite all the models on stage and chat with them every so often. The Showcases used to entail funny skits which often involved the models and then announcer Johnny Olsen. At Christmas time the models were always dressed up in sexy Santa's Helpers Suits. Bob used to also allow anyone who won a perfect bid Bonus to reach into his pocket to get the money themselves. These are only some of the many things that made the show a lot of fun to watch. It used to be a 60 Minute party. Now it's just 60 Minutes of going through the motions. It's a watered down version of what existed 20 years ago. It may officially be the same show........ but at the same time...... It's Not Really The Same Show.

John

urbanpreppie05

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2003, 01:39:23 AM »
I agree with you John. The show isn't quite the same, although I still enjoy it greatly. But part of the family-cuts are that "almighty dollar" because with more commercials and less airtime, something had to give. And like I posted at gr-net, I'd rather see less chatter than 4 PG's instead of 6 or no Contestant's Row so there can be "more chatter."
insert signature here

Skynet74

Claudia Speaks Out
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2003, 02:01:32 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 01:39 AM\'] part of the family-cuts are that "almighty dollar" because with more commercials and less airtime, something had to give. [/quote]

I hear a lot of people say that same thing. Can anyone clue me in on exactly how many minutes of commercials there are now compared to twenty years ago? Is there really that much difference?

John