Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's time for another Barker's Beauty lawsuit!  (Read 2066 times)

Matt Ottinger

It's time for another Barker's Beauty lawsuit!
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:40:01 AM »
Shane Stirling this time.  Oddly, she's suing for a remarkably small amount of money, pocket change compared to the others.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »
I like how some of the people commenting are SO apologetic to Barker, as if he's some sort of Messiah. At least some of the other people have been able to accept the fact that he's an arrogant POS, like #11, #14, and #27.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:04:38 AM by gameshowlover87 »

Mr. Brown

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'245556\' date=\'Aug 8 2010, 08:40 AM\']Oddly, she's suing for a remarkably small amount of money, pocket change compared to the others.[/quote]

It's a strategic move -- I haven't seen the case, but given the damages, I'm assuming it's not "Small Claims" or "General Jurisdiction" courts, but what California refers to as its "Limited Jurisdiction" court. Damages are limited to a max of $25,000, and I'm assuming that even though it's California, it's still more 'relaxed' than the "General Jurisdiction" court.

EDIT: I just re-read the TMZ post, which says she is suing for "more than $25,000." I'm guessing this is more than just wording on TMZ's part -- to me, that sounds like a jurisdictional statement taken right out of Sterling's petition.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:48:28 PM by Mr. Brown »
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

Phil V

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 01:52:06 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'245558\' date=\'Aug 8 2010, 09:58 AM\']I like how some of the people commenting are SO apologetic to Barker, as if he's some sort of Messiah. At least some of the other people have been able to accept the fact that he's an arrogant POS, like #11, #14, and #27.[/quote]
You actually got to 27?  Props to you.  The severe lack of...well, intelligent comments, regardless of whether or not they support Barker, made me stop after 10 or so.
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

davemackey

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 07:41:09 AM »
Hopefully the Smoking Gun or someone will come up with the filing. It now costs $$$ to even search the case files of LA Superior Court online, much less download the docs.