Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reg Grundy Wildlife Book  (Read 2022 times)

mmb5

Reg Grundy Wildlife Book
« on: August 10, 2010, 12:03:01 AM »
I saw this in a camera shop today:

The Wildlife of Reg Grundy

I did not know he was doing this as a life-long hobby.  For those of you L.A., there is a display for the book at Samy's Camera on Fairfax.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Offshored2007

Reg Grundy Wildlife Book
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:58:36 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'245669\' date=\'Aug 10 2010, 12:03 AM\']I saw this in a camera shop today:

The Wildlife of Reg Grundy

I did not know he was doing this as a life-long hobby.  For those of you L.A., there is a display for the book at Samy's Camera on Fairfax.[/quote]
Great, now all that is playing in my head is that Reg Grudy productions theme heard at the end of every one of his shows ("$ale of the Century is a Reg Grundy Production")

Matt Ottinger

Reg Grundy Wildlife Book
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 10:52:02 AM »
Reg Grundy is legend of Australian and International television and has made more TV programmes than anyone else in the world, ever.
That's an interesting claim, and may very well be true (he's credited with a bunch of Aussie soaps as well as games), but I'd be interested to know how his total compares with Mr. Goodson's.

His name has even entered the Australian lexicography with "Reg Grundies" our word for underpants.
I get the peculiarity of rhyming slang ("grundies" for "undies"), but I'd still be curious as to how that particular one took off.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Reg Grundy Wildlife Book
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »
As a hobbyist photographer myself, my interest was kind of piqued----actually wouldn't mind seeing the photos he's taken.

[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'245681\' date=\'Aug 10 2010, 09:52 AM\']
Reg Grundy is legend of Australian and International television and has made more TV programmes than anyone else in the world, ever.
That's an interesting claim, and may very well be true (he's credited with a bunch of Aussie soaps as well as games), but I'd be interested to know how his total compares with Mr. Goodson's.[/quote]

Or Aaron Spelling's.

His name has even entered the Australian lexicography with "Reg Grundies" our word for underpants.
I get the peculiarity of rhyming slang ("grundies" for "undies")

I never even knew the Aussies used rhyming slang.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:55:03 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Matt Ottinger

Reg Grundy Wildlife Book
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'245686\' date=\'Aug 10 2010, 12:52 PM\']Or Aaron Spelling's.[/quote]
As long as we're playing the game, keep in mind that the vast majority of Aaron Spelling's shows were weekly prime-time dramas.  The MOST successful of his shows might have 250 episodes or so total over a decade of production.  (A quick spot check shows Beverly Hills 90210 with 296, 7th Heaven with 243 and Dynasty with 220.)  Compare that to a soap or game show, which back in the day would turn out that many every year.  I guess soaps still do.

Spelling's output is remarkable, but when we're counting episodes, the tonnage of daytime television sets it apart from anything at night.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.