Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Changes  (Read 59382 times)

Thunder

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »
From the official rules...

Non-cash prizes

From time to time, in its sole discretion, the Producer may supplement one of the cash prize dollar values with a non-cash prize. If a Contestant correctly answers a question with a non-cash prize attached, the money is added to the Contestant's Bank, and they also receive the non-cash prize. Any non-cash prize earned by the Contestant would be theirs to keep, and would not be forfeited in the event the Contestant answers a subsequent question incorrectly. The money added to the Contestant's Bank would be treated like any other money in the Bank. An incorrect answer to a question with a non-cash prize attached would be treated the same as any other question, as described in these rules.

I now think that they've made these rules up during a kegger.

/Based on the randomized amounts, the $500K question will have a bonus prize of a can of green beans.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Millionaire Changes
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2010, 12:30:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Thunder\' post=\'246756\' date=\'Sep 2 2010, 09:28 PM\']I now think that they've made these rules up during a kegger.[/quote]I don't. I think they're going to move the Netflix subscription and CVS gift card to the game, instead of being awarded for being able to climb in the chair.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

BrandonFG

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2010, 12:40:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Thunder\' post=\'246756\' date=\'Sep 3 2010, 12:28 AM\']From the official rules...

Non-cash prizes

From time to time, in its sole discretion, the Producer may supplement one of the cash prize dollar values with a non-cash prize. If a Contestant correctly answers a question with a non-cash prize attached, the money is added to the Contestant's Bank, and they also receive the non-cash prize. Any non-cash prize earned by the Contestant would be theirs to keep, and would not be forfeited in the event the Contestant answers a subsequent question incorrectly. The money added to the Contestant's Bank would be treated like any other money in the Bank. An incorrect answer to a question with a non-cash prize attached would be treated the same as any other question, as described in these rules.

[/quote]
What's wrong with that rule? Nice little incentive that makes for a decent consolation. "Once you buy a prize it's yours to keep" and such...

I'm sure it wouldn't go beyond the value of a $1,000 question.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Thunder

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2010, 01:48:43 AM »
It was just a Bit-O-Humor utilizing the remote chance of a juxtaposition of a high-valued questions with a low-value bonus prize.

gameshowcrazy

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2010, 11:47:05 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'246761\' date=\'Sep 3 2010, 12:40 AM\'][quote name=\'Thunder\' post=\'246756\' date=\'Sep 3 2010, 12:28 AM\']From the official rules...

Non-cash prizes

[/quote]
What's wrong with that rule? Nice little incentive that makes for a decent consolation. "Once you buy a prize it's yours to keep" and such...

I'm sure it wouldn't go beyond the value of a $1,000 question.
[/quote]

This simply sounds like they are going to have sponsored questions with extra prizes that the contestant may keep if they don't happen to walk away--not that I expect it, but it would open up the possibility to giving away a car.

rebelwrest

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2010, 11:09:43 PM »
Afther playing the game a few times, I am starting to like the new changes. However, the game takes away all of your skips at the $1,000,000.  It feels like cheating the contestant because he or she has known the answers to the questions.  Rather than taking away lifelines, the show should change the skip to another lifeline to reward the contestant.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Millionaire Changes
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2010, 12:06:48 AM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'246810\' date=\'Sep 3 2010, 08:09 PM\']It feels like cheating the contestant because he or she has known the answers to the questions.[/quote]
Not hardly. If you answer every question, your reward is the ability to walk at the highest possible level each time you have the opportunity to do so. I'd say that being able to quit the game with $500K in your pocket is plenty reward enough.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:07:22 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rebelwrest

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2010, 12:56:02 AM »
Under the old system, if you made it to the million dollar question with any lifelines, you can actually use it to aid you.  Under the new system, if you reach the million dollar question with any remaining skips, what good will they do you.  Yes, getting to chance to walk with $500,000 is a reward, but under the old system if you didn't know, you had the chance of getting extra info to maybe answer it correctly.  Now, we have the chance for a lifeline to be completely useless.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

IFeelMillionaire

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2010, 01:48:13 AM »
I played the new version of the game online at the Millionaire page. You can test drive the game for yourself, with the new rules, before it airs on Sept. 13. It's pretty cool. But it really is a different feel, and I found this a bit harder than other Millionaire games, like the iPhone app. Which I've won like ten times!

Who Wants To Be a Millionaire online game

Hastin

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2010, 02:08:33 AM »
Yes, you lose them. But how well did Double-Dip or ATE (or PAF for that matter) get used on the 1M. Q?

Heck, Ken Basin even had ATA when he hit a Million, and that didn't help him.

Yes, they we're there - but they were essentially useless.

I'd be even willing to say that ability to skip a high-level question if I don't know it is reward enough.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:11:25 AM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Millionaire Changes
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2010, 02:08:36 AM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'246818\' date=\'Sep 3 2010, 09:56 PM\']Now, we have the chance for a lifeline to be completely useless.[/quote]
If you insist on beating this drum after what I already told you, then a) I'm not at all surprised, and b) there's no point in continuing this discussion.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Loogaroo

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2010, 08:17:07 AM »
Wait a second: a miss on the Final Four resets your bank to $25,000? Is that an actual game rule or was that an accidental holdover from the previous version of the online game?

Because if it's the former, the game format is officially in the Tobinworld category.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Jeremy Nelson

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Loogaroo\' post=\'246830\' date=\'Sep 4 2010, 07:17 AM\']Wait a second: a miss on the Final Four resets your bank to $25,000? Is that an actual game rule or was that an accidental holdover from the previous version of the online game?

Because if it's the former, the game format is officially in the Tobinworld category.[/quote]
A miss on the Final Four sets you back to $25,000.

Walking away before answering a single Final Four question correctly nets you your entire Round 1 bank (so if you use a jump in  Round 2, the question you jump doesn't become your new total.)

Walking away after answering a question right in The Final Four is like Classic Millionaire- you get the dollar value of your last correct question.

I think your bank should be safe upon entering the Classic Millionsire stage, but I guess this really is no different than answering the $100k question in previous seasons- you can walk with something more than $25k, make $100k, or miss and go back to $25k.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

ten96lt

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2010, 12:41:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'246833\' date=\'Sep 4 2010, 10:39 AM\'][quote name=\'Loogaroo\' post=\'246830\' date=\'Sep 4 2010, 07:17 AM\']Wait a second: a miss on the Final Four resets your bank to $25,000? Is that an actual game rule or was that an accidental holdover from the previous version of the online game?

Because if it's the former, the game format is officially in the Tobinworld category.[/quote]
A miss on the Final Four sets you back to $25,000.

Walking away before answering a single Final Four question correctly nets you your entire Round 1 bank (so if you use a jump in  Round 2, the question you jump doesn't become your new total.)

Walking away after answering a question right in The Final Four is like Classic Millionaire- you get the dollar value of your last correct question.

I think your bank should be safe upon entering the Classic Millionsire stage, but I guess this really is no different than answering the $100k question in previous seasons- you can walk with something more than $25k, make $100k, or miss and go back to $25k.
[/quote]
I think that's the price of not having to answer a $50K question. You can't keep your bank after answering the $100K question correctly.

IFeelMillionaire

Millionaire Changes
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2010, 05:32:14 PM »
I finally got to the second round, but lost after two questions! So far I'm enjoying the changes, but would like to hear what others think after playing.