Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Larry King on Bob's birthday special  (Read 4735 times)

Adam Nedeff

Larry King on Bob's birthday special
« on: November 21, 2003, 12:49:15 AM »
I don't know if Steve Beverly elected to use this term himself or if he was quoting CBS's press release, but his story on Bob's 80th birthday special mentions hat it will include a special appearance by Bob's "longtime personal friend, Larry King."

Uh...would this be the same Larry King who didn't know Bob's wife died 20 years ago when Bob was a guest on his show. I mean, I'll admit I don't know EVERYTHING about my friends, but I'd like to think in the coming years, I'll be aware of when their spouses die.

So either they've really stretched the term "friend" here or they're using the term as a set-up for a special Showcase skit with Norm MacDonald doing his Larry King bit in full make-up. ("Of all the birthdays that Bob Barker has ever had, this is probably one of the three or four most recent.")

davemackey

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 07:22:50 AM »
Was Bob on Larry King's recent 70th birthday show?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 09:28:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 12:49 AM\']
Uh...would this be the same Larry King who didn't know Bob's wife died 20 years ago when Bob was a guest on his show. I mean, I'll admit I don't know EVERYTHING about my friends, but I'd like to think in the coming years, I'll be aware of when their spouses die. [/quote]
 Maybe Larry forgot to take his Ginsana, Ester C, or Rejuvex that day which affected his memory.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

inturnaround

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 09:52:37 AM »
And what is a personal friend? Either you're friends with someone or you're not.

There's no such thing as an impersonal friend. At least, I don't think there is.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 09:57:58 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 09:52 AM\'] And what is a personal friend? Either you're friends with someone or you're not.

There's no such thing as an impersonal friend. At least, I don't think there is. [/quote]
 Where does Thomas Boggs fit into Bob's life(those who were in ATGS c. 1999 will remember him posting quite a bit about knowing Bob to some degree)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 11:35:14 AM »
In all the time I worked on Larry King Live, from its debut in 1985 through 1990, Bob Barker was never booked on the show. In all the time I worked for Goodson-Todman Productions, Bob Barker never came to the G-T offices, not even for That's My Line. He once came to CNN to do an interview about animal rights. That was the only time I ever saw him set foot in 6430 Sunset.

We did have Merv Griffin, Vanna White, Pat Sajak and Alex Trebek on LKL while I was there, as well as Charles Nelson Reilly, Dick Clark, Art Linkletter, Ed McMahon ...

ChuckNet

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 12:00:32 PM »
Where does Thomas Boggs fit into Bob's life(those who were in ATGS c. 1999 will remember him posting quite a bit about knowing Bob to some degree)

LOL...as per a chat w/Roger D. a few yrs back, the late Randy Amasia (God rest his soul) confirmed that Boggs is just a Barker superfan, nothing more.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Shredder

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2003, 07:09:01 PM »
Was Bob on Larry King's recent 70th birthday show? >>>

If he was, he wasn't in the part that I saw.  I digitally taped it, but unfortunatly accidentally deleted the file before I could view the rest of it.  anyone know if they repeat these episodes?