Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Queries  (Read 1563 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPiR Queries
« on: September 10, 2010, 12:20:12 PM »
Couldn't sleep, so I read a bunch of old summaries.  Some real gems, but that's for another day.  In reading them, I came up with a couple questions re: Price:

1)In Race Game, are contestants required to price all four prizes before pulling the handle?
2)I read somewhere (Francinni's page, I think) that TPiR used a modified deck for Hit Me.  Was this card distribution ever disclosed?

Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:21:08 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Mr. Armadillo

TPiR Queries
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:32:02 PM »
Steve's FAQ has an answer for #2:

When Hit Me debuted, its deck contained no face cards, and the cards found with the groceries were taken from said deck.

Thus, the 'modified deck' was thirty-four cards, and the distribution changed depending on the numbers/products used in the game's setup.

I don't have an official answer for #1, but based on the fact that there is no '3' display in Race Game's jukebox, I'm inclined to believe the answer is 'yes'.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:33:00 PM by Mr. Armadillo »

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR Queries
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 07:20:10 PM »
Yes, all the tags have to be in place in Race Game before you can pull the lever.

whewfan

TPiR Queries
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 12:01:08 AM »
I believe the deck used was a standard 52 card deck... as for the cards behind the products, besides the 10 and the ace, the other 4 remaining products had 2 pairs that added up to 10... for example, one product had a price mulitplied by 7, and another multiplied by 3. The remaining pair had some other combination that totaled 10.