Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Sound Effect Question  (Read 1685 times)

Matt Ottinger

TPIR Sound Effect Question
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »
For a play I'm helping produce, I need to find the sound effect of the New York Stock Exchange bell being rung.  Most of the sound files I've found have been muddy or filled with crowd noise I don't need.  This needs to be crisp, clean and loud.

It occurs to me that the sound I'm looking for is the metallic clanging for a Double Showcase win, without the "whoop-whoop-whoop" underneath.  Does anyone know if that sound is available "whoopless" anywhere?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'247370\' date=\'Sep 13 2010, 09:31 AM\']For a play I'm helping produce, I need to find the sound effect of the New York Stock Exchange bell being rung.  Most of the sound files I've found have been muddy or filled with crowd noise I don't need.  This needs to be crisp, clean and loud.

It occurs to me that the sound I'm looking for is the metallic clanging for a Double Showcase win, without the "whoop-whoop-whoop" underneath.  Does anyone know if that sound is available "whoopless" anywhere?[/quote]
Maybe this is what you're looking for?

http://www.gameshowthemesongs.net/sounds/T...tpirperfbid.mp3
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:24:22 AM »
Thanks, and thanks also to my anonymous benefactor who fired off the wav file in an e-mail.  If any more of my sound effects end up vaguely related to game shows, I'll try this again!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'247388\' date=\'Sep 13 2010, 08:24 AM\']Thanks, and thanks also to my anonymous benefactor who fired off the wav file in an e-mail.  If any more of my sound effects end up vaguely related to game shows, I'll try this again![/quote]
You might try pitch-shifting it a little bit, though. I think the actual closing bell is a little lower in pitch. Ping me if you need / want help with that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe