Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: List: "5 Weirdest Game Show Contestants Ever"  (Read 3443 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
List: "5 Weirdest Game Show Contestants Ever"
« on: September 17, 2010, 05:12:48 PM »
http://www.movieline.com/2010/09/the-5-wei...stants-ever.php

We've all probably seen at least one or two of these before, but it's good for a chuckle.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »
He spelled Sajak incorrectly.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »
I didn't even need to look at the article or Don's post to know that Raymond Taylor would be #1.
Bobby Peacock

dale_grass

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:57:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'247800\' date=\'Sep 17 2010, 04:15 PM\']He spelled Sajak incorrectly.[/quote]
I'll get the eggs, you get the TP.  Meet in front of his house in half an hour.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »
With apologies for the vague description, I was expecting to see a female contestant from Millionaire who, as I recall, guessed at a number of mid-high level questions, and was crushed when she finally guessed wrong, (perhaps going so far as to nearly accuse the host of screwing up the game for her, but I may be thinking of two different people).  There was something really "off" about that woman.  Does anyone remember who I'm talking about?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:56:55 PM by knagl »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 04:59:03 PM »
[quote name=\'knagl\' post=\'248503\' date=\'Sep 30 2010, 04:55 PM\']With apologies for the vague description, I was expecting to see a female contestant from Millionaire who, as I recall, guessed at a number of mid-high level questions, and was crushed when she finally guessed wrong, going so far as to nearly accuse the host of screwing up the game for her.  There was something really "off" about that woman.  Does anyone remember who I'm talking about?[/quote]
Kati Knudsen.

She lost on a $500,000 question about which of the four choices wasn't the name of a country in the UN. If I remember correctly, she walked off crying, and even pushed her husband away from her as she exited. She was, for lack of a better word, a real b*tch for her entire game. I also remember someone here saying that according to the show's limo driver, she was the only contestant ever who was fussy and argumentative for the entire ride to the studio and back, as opposed to complacent and excited.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:59:28 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 05:23:44 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'248504\' date=\'Sep 30 2010, 03:59 PM\'][quote name=\'knagl\' post=\'248503\' date=\'Sep 30 2010, 04:55 PM\']With apologies for the vague description, I was expecting to see a female contestant from Millionaire who, as I recall, guessed at a number of mid-high level questions, and was crushed when she finally guessed wrong, going so far as to nearly accuse the host of screwing up the game for her.  There was something really "off" about that woman.  Does anyone remember who I'm talking about?[/quote]
Kati Knudsen.

She lost on a $500,000 question about which of the four choices wasn't the name of a country in the UN. If I remember correctly, she walked off crying, and even pushed her husband away from her as she exited. She was, for lack of a better word, a real b*tch for her entire game. I also remember someone here saying that according to the show's limo driver, she was the only contestant ever who was fussy and argumentative for the entire ride to the studio and back, as opposed to complacent and excited.
[/quote]
I remember reading somewhere that she took upwards of an hour trying to figure out that $500K question, but the memory that stuck out of that incident for me was when Regis was practically begging her to take the $250K and go home.

By the way, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r0SpWvk9AM
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 05:26:36 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'248504\' date=\'Sep 30 2010, 04:59 PM\']She lost on a $500,000 question about which of the four choices wasn't the name of a country in the UN. If I remember correctly, she walked off crying, and even pushed her husband away from her as she exited. She was, for lack of a better word, a real b*tch for her entire game. I also remember someone here saying that according to the show's limo driver, she was the only contestant ever who was fussy and argumentative for the entire ride to the studio and back, as opposed to complacent and excited.[/quote]
I remember reading a story from that same driver that she tried to argue with him about the proper route to get to the airport. I'm pretty sure I read another story about how she was completely difficult with the contestant coordinators as well.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:44:35 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 06:53:22 PM »
As long as we're relaying stories we've heard, didn't she get saved on her $8,000 question when she was about to guess wrong, and an audience member yelled "NO!"? That's another oft-repeated story about her run.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'248510\' date=\'Sep 30 2010, 03:53 PM\']As long as we're relaying stories we've heard, didn't she get saved on her $8,000 question when she was about to guess wrong, and an audience member yelled "NO!"? That's another oft-repeated story about her run.[/quote]
I question the reliability of those who repeat it, then. I don't buy it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 06:58:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'248511\' date=\'Sep 30 2010, 03:55 PM\']I question the reliability of those who repeat it, then. I don't buy it.[/quote]
Just throwin' it out there in case someone can confirm or debunk it.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 01:58:55 PM »
Thanks for the name and the Youtube link -- that was who I was thinking of.