Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: concentration home game versions  (Read 3507 times)

bradhig

concentration home game versions
« on: October 13, 2010, 07:54:53 PM »
Do the Milton Bradley versions of Concentration with the Roll A Matic puzzle changer all have different puzzles or were puzzles reusedi n later editions?

I have the 24th edition I don't know how rare each edition is and I was looking into collecting them.  I don't see we Milton Bradley stopped making them and then let Pressmen make a Roll A Matic version for Classic Concentration.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:08:10 AM »
[quote name=\'bradhig\' post=\'249118\' date=\'Oct 13 2010, 07:54 PM\']Do the Milton Bradley versions of Concentration with the Roll A Matic puzzle changer all have different puzzles or were puzzles reusedi n later editions?[/quote]
I am far from an expert on these things, but from owning many different editions, I'm pretty sure the puzzles were different in each one.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

geno57

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 02:01:11 AM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'249130\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 12:08 AM\'][quote name=\'bradhig\' post=\'249118\' date=\'Oct 13 2010, 07:54 PM\']Do the Milton Bradley versions of Concentration with the Roll A Matic puzzle changer all have different puzzles or were puzzles reusedi n later editions?[/quote]
I am far from an expert on these things, but from owning many different editions, I'm pretty sure the puzzles were different in each one.
[/quote]

I don't recall any repeats, although I haven't seen every edition.  They did, however, repeat entire sets of prize cards.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »
I don't know which box game is the rarest, but Matt Ottinger's Game Show Home Game Home Page lists Puzzle Roll #3 (which was not sold with any Edition) as being extremely rare.

/Matt Ottinger once hosted a pilot of Concentration that didn't sell. Why? Because he was always the solution, and when you matched a prize he threw it at you.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Fedya

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:52 AM »
Because the point of the game is whether you match the Samsonite luggage or the beautiful La-Z-Boy recliner.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

alfonzos

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »
Gee, I would have thought Matt would have answered this by now.

Okay, here goes: AFAIK, the first two editions of Concentration are numbered to match the edition of the game. Puzzle scroll number three was only available by mail order so it is rare. Third edition games are packaged with scroll number four. The scrolls packaged with the editions are one-off until you get to the Fourteenth Edition of the game when the scrolls and editions match because Milton Bradley skipped the Thirteen Edition because of superstition.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 03:59:17 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' post=\'249183\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 12:27 PM\']Gee, I would have thought Matt would have answered this by now.[/quote]
Perhaps he had something else to do.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'249188\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 03:59 PM\'][quote name=\'alfonzos\' post=\'249183\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 12:27 PM\']Gee, I would have thought Matt would have answered this by now.[/quote]
Perhaps he had something else to do.[/quote]
More like I didn't really know how to answer the original question.  I have them all, of course, but even I haven't gone through all 1500 or so puzzles to see if any of them were repeated.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

J.R.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 07:06:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'249141\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 01:02 AM\']/Matt Ottinger once hosted a pilot of Concentration that didn't sell. Why? Because he was always the solution, and when you matched a prize he threw it at you.[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiN6yLiif-M
-Joe Raygor

bradhig

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
The newest Concentration games from endless games has puzzles on cards.    How come they didn't make another rollamatic?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »
Because they're Endless when it comes to everything but spending money.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 07:46:20 PM »
I actually much prefer the card system. I just wish they went to a little more effort to do a proper red-ink conceal on them.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'249207\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 07:46 PM\']I actually much prefer the card system. I just wish they went to a little more effort to do a proper red-ink conceal on them.[/quote]
My version has no red ink at all - just rebuses on cards, seen through a clear window. I prefer it over the red.
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 10:27:25 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'249209\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 05:13 PM\']My version has no red ink at all - just rebuses on cards, seen through a clear window. I prefer it over the red.[/quote]
Is it an Endless?

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 11:41:22 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'249214\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 10:27 PM\'][quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'249209\' date=\'Oct 14 2010, 05:13 PM\']My version has no red ink at all - just rebuses on cards, seen through a clear window. I prefer it over the red.[/quote]
Is it an Endless?
[/quote]
Yes sir. I actually have the clear-screened AND the red-screened version. Both come in an identical box.