Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Music Cue Questions  (Read 1804 times)

Chris Kennedy

TPIR Music Cue Questions
« on: February 07, 2011, 08:24:54 AM »
Hi folks,

I have two questions for you regarding TPIR music cues.

First of all, does anybody know how many times the first portion of Cue #248, which is primarily the "Every Room/Trip In The House" showcase cue, repeats before going into the piano/flute bridge of the cue, which would be used mainly for trips on the CBS & Syndicated versions of Card Sharks?

And also, on the CBS/Syn. versions of CS, is the ending portion of one of the car cues, Cue #252, which is what alot of people call the "Spelling Bee" car cue, Cue #252 indeed, Cue #253 (Cue #252's Saxaphone version), or could it be another remix of that cue?  And I have heard on golden-road.net that it is another remix based on those two cues, although I never seen it on TVPMM's TPIR Music Cue List.  But, I do know that there is also rhythm variation of the said cue, that I assume is Cue #254.  By the way, all of those cues fall under the category of Theme 13 according to TVPMM.  Or could it possibly be that CS used both cues #252 and #253?

Thanks so much as always.  Take care.

- Chris Kennedy

davemackey

TPIR Music Cue Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Chris Kennedy\' post=\'256594\' date=\'Feb 7 2011, 08:24 AM\']First of all, does anybody know how many times the first portion of Cue #248, which is primarily the "Every Room/Trip In The House" showcase cue, repeats before going into the piano/flute bridge of the cue, which would be used mainly for trips on the CBS & Syndicated versions of Card Sharks?[/quote]

As originally recorded, none. As edited for the show, three iterations of the "A" theme before the "B" theme (the Card Sharks cue) kicks in. That portion of the cue has never been heard on "Price" and I doubt there were very many casual viewers who connected the two pieces of music.