Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anybody else here notice....  (Read 2288 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Anybody else here notice....
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »
...that this forum is now mobile phone-friendly? If the old one was, I sure didn't see it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:33:31 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:19:02 PM »
Why yes, I did! :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:26:53 PM »
Depends on what phone you have. Us Windows Phone 7 types are getting screwed. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rialtus

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:17:41 PM »
Us Windows Phone 7 types are getting screwed. :)
Must ... resist ... comment ...

/I don't believe IDC or Gartner

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:46:15 PM »
I noticed it on my Blackberry after the upgrade, and was very pleased. I've made a few posts from it here and there with no problems.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 03:33:06 AM »
/I don't believe IDC or Gartner
Oh, if we're talking about those numbers that imply that every single Nokia customer is going to stick with them when they switch to making WP7 phones, yeah, they're higher than a kite.

That said, I'm pretty happy with mine, though the difference in customizability between it and Android has been a bit of a culture shock for me. But the responsiveness of the OS more than makes up for it. There's a *lot* of potential in there, enough for me to figure it's worth a year of playing around to see if it's realized.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 05:04:30 AM »
I have mobile web on my Samsung T401g, and I always accessed the board with no problem. :-)
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Kevin Prather

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 01:52:41 PM »
The mobile site for Android isn't bad, but has its imperfections. The one that sticks out in my mind is the lack of a "Mark this forum read" button. There is a "Mark ALL forums read" button, but nothing for individual forums that I can see.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
That said, I'm pretty happy with mine, though the difference in customizability between it and Android has been a bit of a culture shock for me. But the responsiveness of the OS more than makes up for it. There's a *lot* of potential in there, enough for me to figure it's worth a year of playing around to see if it's realized.
I've got a WP7 too, and I'm really hoping that they become serious players. The OS is great (really liking the live tiles), but they've got some catching up to do in the app store; that nowadays, is where it counts. But yeah, there's more than enough potential in that system...they just need people to develop for it.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 11:32:40 PM »
But yeah, there's more than enough potential in that system...they just need people to develop for it.
Well, for what it's worth (extremely little, considering my track record of finishing programming projects), I've been noodling around with porting my Jeopardy Challenger app over to it. (At the minimum I have what I think is a passable interface.) It's way easier for me to write for WP7 considering I've already used Visual Studio before.

(Wait, so your WP7 phone is getting the mobile version of this site? Which one do you have?)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:33:27 PM by clemon79 »