Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales - Adult parody of the TV game show  (Read 2535 times)

GameShowGuru

Tattletales - Adult parody of the TV game show
« on: May 31, 2011, 01:42:56 AM »
(Mods, while this is indeed game show related, if due to the subject matter it is deemed as too risque, you can edit or delete the thread).

Before the current craze where classic TV shows are given the X-rated parody treatment, back in 1997, a little known game show (by mainstream standards anyway) called Tattletales was given the adult treatment, although I think in this case it was a parody purely by accident, in that the setup and format of the both Tattletales was purely coincidental.

The AVN website which gives a brief review of this movie actually does acknowledge that there was a TV show by the same name back in the 70s.  A quote from the website review follows:

The setting is a TV show where three couples are asked questions about each other. (Oddly enough, there was a '70s Goodson-Todman game show called "Tattletales," where husbands and wives answered questions about their partners. A coincidence, no doubt.)

I won't link the site where the review is placed for obvious reasons, but if you want to see the review for yourself, go to the AVN website and type in Tattle Tales (two words, not hyphenated) in the search box and you will find it rather quickly.

For the record, I knew for years the movie existed but I never bothered to rent or view the flick because I actually didn't want to risk being disappointed if it wasn't actually based on the TV show.  I guess now I know (more or less).

JayDLewis

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:33:26 AM »
Jeopardy
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

comicus

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 11:34:59 AM »
AGTOT?  ;-)

Robair

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:57:37 AM »
Just sayin' there will never, EVER be an adult movie called "Minute to Win It".
--Robair

Argo

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 10:56:28 AM »
Just sayin' there will never, EVER be an adult movie called "Minute to Win It".

Exactly. "The Better Sex", "The Love Experts", "Twenty-One", "Whew"... and a whole bunch of others, have better chances in becoming Adult movies, if they haven't already.

Just sayin'

M

Jay Temple

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »
Pyramid, anyone?
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

NickS

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »
Why nobody's used "Super Sloppy Double Dare" is beyond me.

GrandGame1440

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »
There was an adult film entitled "Game Show Models" that actually featured veteran character actor Sid Melton as their agent.

/why do I know this?