Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who's Still Standing? gets a premiere date  (Read 1390 times)

NickS

Who's Still Standing? gets a premiere date
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:46:45 AM »
Per Marc Berman:

Who’s Still Standing?, an upcoming game show on NBC that offers contestants the opportunity to win up to $1 million while answering trivia questions, will premiere on Monday, December 19 at 8 p.m. and will air for four consecutive nights in the hour that week. The game show will then run weekly in its regularly scheduled Monday 8 p.m. time period until singing competition The Voice returns on January 30.

J.R.

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
an upcoming game show on NBC that offers contestants the opportunity to win up to $1 million while answering trivia questions
Wow, what a bold concept for a game show!
-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »
an upcoming game show on NBC that offers contestants the opportunity to win up to $1 million while answering trivia questions
Wow, what a bold concept for a game show!
From what I've seen, it looks like a neat amalgam of Grand Slam and Russian Roulette, but I don't think it befits the money climb and current other tropery.
Travis L. Eberle

Bob Zager

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »
Right now I'd have to say keep our fingers crossed for another hit prime-time game.  NBC's track record with Christmas week airings of game shows, (DOND, 1 VS 100, and Identity), has been at least good enough, that more episodes of each were ordered after their initial runs.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 06:49:03 AM »
I'm rooting for this one. I remember seeing a clip of this over the summer, and was pleasantly surprised to find it didn't fit the mold of the primetime game show post-2005.

Still felt like something that should air in syndication for about 1/20 of its budget.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!