Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Woolery Bobblehead Doll  (Read 2378 times)

alfonzos

Chuck Woolery Bobblehead Doll
« on: November 27, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »
I found one at a Goodwill store in suburban Los Angeles. When I take to the register the clerk says, "I was wondering who was going to buy that! Do you know what game show he hosted?" I replied, " Yes, Wheel of Fortune, Scrabble, Love Connection, and The Dating Game. (I forgot Lingo but that's beside the point.) He says, "You forgot one." "Oh?", I said. He beams, "Hollywood Squares!"

Anyway, what is the origin of the Woolery boobblehead doll?
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »
Anyway, what is the origin of the Woolery boobblehead doll?
It was used to promote Naturally Stoned, both in miniature form and in supersized form.

WhirlieBird74

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
I have my own Chuck Woolery bobblehead, all boxed up.  I won mine (from an eBay seller from New England) and received it three days before my 33rd birthday (and Chuck's 66th), March 16, 2007.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:16:10 PM »
Makes me realize how good a career Chuck really had; he hosted four fairly decent or better shows, all of which had more than respectable first runs. Can't do much better than that in my opinion.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »
Makes me realize how good a career Chuck really had; he hosted four fairly decent or better shows, all of which had more than respectable first runs. Can't do much better than that in my opinion.
I tend to think of three years as the threshhold for a successful daily show, and while you'd have to have an asterisk beside Lingo because they just didn't produce that many individual episodes, yes, what Woolery accomplished is pretty impressive.  Keep in mind that by comparison, Bill Cullen only hosted three daily shows that lasted three years, and one of those actually didn't quite make it that far.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 12:08:20 PM »
Keep in mind that by comparison, Bill Cullen only hosted three daily shows that lasted three years, and one of those actually didn't quite make it that far.
And then he did Hot Potato, which only *felt* like it was on for three years.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »
And then he did Hot Potato, which only *felt* like it was on for three years.
What people forget when we talk about the total number of shows that Bill hosted was that he was available for so many becasue so few of them were successful!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

alfonzos

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 04:24:17 PM »
I have my own Chuck Woolery bobblehead, all boxed up.  I won mine (from an eBay seller from New England) and received it three days before my 33rd birthday (and Chuck's 66th), March 16, 2007.
May I ask how much you paid?
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

WhirlieBird74

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 08:05:22 AM »
May I ask how much you paid?
Since the auction was over four years ago, I've long since forgotten how much I paid for it.  Trying to recollect, I believe it was somewhere between $8 to $16.