Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Super Deal is coming back on LMAD  (Read 5074 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
The Super Deal is coming back on LMAD
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 11:35:11 PM »
Keep in mind, the Super Deal isn't even going to come into play as often as it did in the Monty days. The potential to play it will only be available for ten episodes. And since now, only one contestant attempts to find the Big Deal at the end of the show, we'll likely only see the Super Deal offered in roughly three, maybe four episodes.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 11:45:29 PM »
I'd cast my lot with $50,000.

Which is understandable, seeing that (at least) one game is played for $20,000 cash.

$50K is as high as I would go. $30K or $35K is reasonable enough.

The Inquisitive One

Eh..I would think that if this was only going to be part of this special set of episodes, the stakes would be at least $75K or $100K.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 11:57:57 PM »
Merely spitballing, but assuming about 20 episodes a month, and 190 in a year, I'd say 500 is going to be somewhere around February.  Just in time for sweeps.

Keep in mind, the Super Deal isn't even going to come into play as often as it did in the Monty days. The potential to play it will only be available for ten episodes. And since now, only one contestant attempts to find the Big Deal at the end of the show, we'll likely only see the Super Deal offered in roughly three, maybe four episodes.
That's assuming it'll be presented in the same way as the 70's.  If this is going to be a limited engagement, I wouldn't want to risk players going cold and my Genius Stunt to not get used.
This signature is currently under construction.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »
$50,000 is logical.  You want to shoot for twice the value of the Big Deal to make the carrot enticing enough.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
$50,000 is logical.  You want to shoot for twice the value of the Big Deal to make the carrot enticing enough.
And for the other two slots, I'd suggest maybe $10,000 and $5,000 (or even $5,000 and $2,500). Not as much as the Big Deal, but it softens the blow of losing that prize package. And if you're someone like me who already has a perfectly fine ride, I wouldn't mind the consolation dough...as much. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

alfonzos

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »
Clever: The Super Deal gameboard is shaped like a horseshoe.
Not so clever: The horseshoe's open end is at the bottom. The superstition is that when a horseshoe is hung with the open end on the bottom, luck runs out.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:42:52 PM by alfonzos »
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 10:01:28 PM »
Eh. I wouldn't so much nitpick that one. I've never heard that superstition, and I'm guessing the producers haven't either, nor would they even think it makes a difference. Not to say it's not an interesting point, but they can't even bother to set up the Big Deal without halfassing it up, and that's a daily thing. I hardly expect them to shape a horseshoe correctly for a two-week stunt. ;-)

/It does explain the Indianapolis Colts logo though
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Neumms

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »
I think the horseshoe hanging superstition is pretty commonly known among those who would stumble across horseshoes. This wouldn't, I suppose, include LA producers.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 11:23:43 AM »
So apparently the show edits out a deal if someone wins The Big Deal so they have enough time to do the Super Deal. The Big Deal starts about 5 minutes early to accommodate this. Very telling sign if you happen to be paying attention to a clock at the time, or the last twenty minutes of the show.

Note, nothing is exactly wrong with this. I still see the suspense, especially if someone decides to go for it.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.