Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve Harvey Gets Talk Show  (Read 3680 times)

DrBear

Steve Harvey Gets Talk Show
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »
You don't remember Wheel of Oprah?

I guess Springer might count, depending on how you feel about "Baggage," but other than that, the closest - and I know it isn't a talk show - would be Hugh Downs' Today/Concentration duopoly.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

JakeT

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 11:11:14 PM »
You don't remember Wheel of Oprah?

Preceeded in the 70s by LET'S MAKE A DONAHUE!

Yes, I know it doesn't really fit the question...and yes, I know I'm probably the only one who found it funny...indulge me...I'm getting old!

JakeT

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 12:40:12 AM »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 07:19:53 AM »
I saw a mention of this on a local media blog.  Unfortunately, I can't reach this forum on my office computer (since it's considered a gambling site), so...

Does anyone remember anybody hosting a syndie talk show and game show simultaneously?  Yes, Meredith Viera is pretty close, but Today isn't syndicated, and I don't remember too many people wanting to run game shows in the 8:30 AM time slot, so there wasn't a big issue with competing against oneself.
If you count Love Experts as a talk show, Bill Cullen. (In LA in 1978 you had the choice of Pyramid on KNXT or LE on KHJ Monday nights at 7:30) Povich and Philbin as well, but their games were on network prime-time.  There may have been some overlapping for Tom Kennedy in 1970 with his talk show and subbing on "It's Your Bet."

Way back when, there was Joe Pyne.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:28:03 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.