Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Incredibly Detailed Article On The Production Of...  (Read 2025 times)

DoItRockapella

Incredibly Detailed Article On The Production Of...
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
...NICK ARCADE.

A few things that stand out:
  • The producers interviewed claim they were the first ever video game game show...um...they have heard of Starcade, right? Both sets of producers tell nearly identical stories about having to convince the network that yes, kids will watch other kids play video games.
  • The blue-screen setup used to create the Video Zone is talked about at great length, with the overall claim being that it is the most complex virtual reality ever created on a game show...again, go talk to the producers of Knightmare, who tell a similar story.
  • Phil Moore, who I guess I always assumed was 23 and trying desperately to break into television, was apparently 31 and working for AT&T when he got the Nick Arcade job.
The overall point: a LOT of work went into the production of a show we all consider awful.

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:20:35 PM »
we all consider awful.
Speak for yourself, oh great over-analyzer.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
The overall point: a LOT of work went into the production of a show we all consider awful.
While I do happen to agree with you in this case, I would ask that you not speak for me going forward.

/as such, "all of us aside from Chris Lemon" will do fine in the future
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DoItRockapella

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
You're both right, and I'm sorry. Keep in mind, though, that "over-analyzing" describes pretty much everything we do on this board.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:11:39 AM »

We all, except for John Fenner and quite a few others.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Mr. Brown

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:40:43 PM »

What the hell was wrong with Nick Arcade? I liked it... as a child. You know, since that's who it was supposed to appeal to...
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

DoItRockapella

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
Again, I am sorry. I loved Nick Arcade as a kid too. I do sometimes have to remind myself who kids TV is meant for.

jalman

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »
I was happy to see a video game show on TV. Phil Moore was barely tolerable, though.

The Total Panic discussion in the article gave me a flashback to a simpler time.