Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Closest to your date of birth  (Read 7567 times)

Jay Temple

Closest to your date of birth
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »
When GSN was running the primetime Password, one of the eps was dated November 28, 1963, one day before I was born. Who here has seen something that aired on their actual date of birth? For everyone else, what's the closest you've seen?
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 12:48:46 AM »
When GSN was running the primetime Password, one of the eps was dated November 28, 1963, one day before I was born. Who here has seen something that aired on their actual date of birth? For everyone else, what's the closest you've seen?

Would have to be the premiere of 80s Sale, which aired three weeks before I was born. Would've been two if I wasn't such a stubborn resident of my mom's womb.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 12:57:02 AM »
Given that I've seen darn near all of Card Sharks and Password Plus, probably those. Since Blockbusters began October 27, the hurdle is two months and two days.
Travis L. Eberle

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 12:58:48 AM »
I was born one day prior to when Bob Barker's first permanent gray-hair day aired.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 01:11:24 AM »
The episode of Now You See It which aired on GSN the day Jack Narz died originally aired on the day I was born.  GSN has also aired the Match Game 75 from the day I was born.

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools I Went To
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 01:28:02 AM »
I Saw P+, BB, CS, TPIR, WOF, HR, FF (All Dawson Episodes) and i saw them on the sate after my birth (September 20, 1980) only one day old!, only one day old!
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 01:35:23 AM »
Proof or not real.

I don't follow airdates too closely, but as far as I can remember, the closest thing to my birthdate (11-18-82) would be Clark's "Pyramid" reruns on USA or GSN. I was born right after it became "The New..."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:37:35 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 01:48:12 AM »
Proof or not real.
Consider the source.  Plus, if HR = High Rollers, it was off the air in June 1980.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 03:41:31 AM »
Neat question (when understood correctly, which of course Erik didn't do).  I was born 6/11/60, which was a Saturday that, I believe, didn't feature any game shows at all.  How sad.  The closest one that would be available to see today would probably be the next night's WML? with Van Johnson, but I don't appear to have that one in my collection.  So the best I can do is three days before my birth, the Wednesday night edition of I've Got A Secret with Anthony Perkins.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

jimlangefan

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 03:57:57 AM »
I was born January 5th, 1983.  Two days after Plinko, Just Men!, Hit Man, & $ale of the Century premiered.
TV's Big Dealer

gameboy2000

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 06:25:47 AM »
The tube top incident on TPIR and Shatner's chair throwing on $20,000 Pyramid happened on September 14,1977, only 5 days before I was born.
gameboy2000.weebly.com

calliaume

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 07:42:26 AM »
Closest that I have on tape appears to be a July 1962 episode of What's My Line? with Willie Mays and Paul Anka as Mystery Guests.

Both To Tell the Truth and I've Got a Secret would likely have aired the night of my birth, but I don't have the episodes.

My mother would have loved to have seen Love of Life from that day (given it aired at the time I was actually born, she wouldn't have seen it live) - star Audrey Peters was an old friend of hers.

Unrealtor

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »
I was born January 5th, 1983.  Two days after Plinko, Just Men!, Hit Man, & $ale of the Century premiered.

Exact same date of birth here. I don't have anything I can precisely date, but I think there's a decent chance that I've seen the New $25,000 Pyramid episode from that date or very close to it (it was about 16 weeks into the run) in reruns at some point and not known it.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 10:59:36 AM »
Having looked over Kris Lane's Pyramid guide, I didn't realize it became "The New..." exactly 10 days before I was born; I always thought it changed in October 1982. I definitely remember watching a USA rerun from that week (Barbara Bosson and Barry Gordon), and they played a portion of a song Barry recorded as a child (Dick also held up the album cover). Given I watched Pyramid pretty regularly after school, I'm almost positive I watched my birthday week (Linda Kelsey and Rick Hurst) without even knowing it.

One interesting note about that first week, the new logo on Dick's podium was actually a sharp-looking triangle, where the tip actually peaked above the podium itself...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »
One interesting note about that first week, the new logo on Dick's podium was actually a sharp-looking triangle, where the tip actually peaked above the podium itself...
Out of curiosity, I went to YouTube to view a video.  In my quick search, I didn't find it, but found an ep. from 1984 with an announcer that I don't recognize.  Whoever he is, he sounds like he just got done watching a PBS telethon.
--Mark
Phil 4:13