Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Closest to your date of birth  (Read 7566 times)

Jimmy Owen

Closest to your date of birth
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:06 AM »
One interesting note about that first week, the new logo on Dick's podium was actually a sharp-looking triangle, where the tip actually peaked above the podium itself...
Out of curiosity, I went to YouTube to view a video.  In my quick search, I didn't find it, but found an ep. from 1984 with an announcer that I don't recognize.  Whoever he is, he sounds like he just got done watching a PBS telethon.
Jack Clark.  The first show that aired after I was born 10/27/60 (Thursday) was "Dough Re Mi."  The first one that I may have seen on GSN was probably WML for that Sunday.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:24:58 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
Closest I have to mine is the 11/14/65 ep of WML (I was born three days earlier).  Notable episode as it turns out, as it was the first one following Dorothy Kilgallen's death.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:28:49 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »
One interesting note about that first week, the new logo on Dick's podium was actually a sharp-looking triangle, where the tip actually peaked above the podium itself...
Out of curiosity, I went to YouTube to view a video.
I don't think it has Barry's song, but here's an episode.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:29:42 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »
9/6/84 was a Thursday, so a number of game shows were on, but the only one I've seen that actually aired that day is Press Your Luck. Price and nighttime Wheel would still have been in reruns... Jeopardy, Super Password, and Body Language had not yet premiered. Sale of the Century and Scrabble haven't been seen in reruns in a few decades. Family Feud may have been new on that date, but I haven't seen much from that part of the run.

On a semi-unrelated note though, I'm told the morning after I was born, my mom was feeding me in her hospital room while "we" watched an I Love Lucy rerun. I still love Lucy even until this day.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 12:30:21 PM »
9/6/84 was a Thursday, so a number of game shows were on, but the only one I've seen that actually aired that day is Press Your Luck. Price and nighttime Wheel would still have been in reruns... Jeopardy, Super Password, and Body Language had not yet premiered. Sale of the Century and Scrabble haven't been seen in reruns in a few decades. Family Feud may have been new on that date, but I haven't seen much from that part of the run.

On a semi-unrelated note though, I'm told the morning after I was born, my mom was feeding me in her hospital room while "we" watched an I Love Lucy rerun. I still love Lucy even until this day.

Body Language had actually been on the air for 3 months by that point, it was 6/4/84 that it premiered. It's entirely possible you did see that day's BL (if you like it) somewhere along the line..

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »
Closest I've got was October 27, 1985. A bunch of shows have aired during that time, but the episode I've seen (on GSN no less) was the premiere of Blockbusters.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:31:30 PM by Strikerz04 »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »
March 17, 1990 was a Saturday, so probably no joy there, but when GSN was rerunning Combs Feud back in 03, that was the 1990 season, so I wouldn't be surprised if the March 16 episode was in there somewhere.

snowpeck

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »
Body Language had actually been on the air for 3 months by that point, it was 6/4/84 that it premiered. It's entirely possible you did see that day's BL (if you like it) somewhere along the line..

Oops... you're right.  Does anybody happen to know who the celebrities were that week?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Winkfan

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 04:40:01 PM »
Thanks to GSN, or what it used to be, I saw (and taped) a To Tell The Truth installment from the night I was born (7/2/1962). The panel that night was comprised of Tom Poston, Gretchen Wyler, Richard Hayes, and Mimi Benzell.

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

SRIV94

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »

Oops... you're right.  Does anybody happen to know who the celebrities were that week?
According to this, it was Jenilee Harrison and Marty Cohen.
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

trainman

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »
I was born on Sunday, September 22, 1974, when there were no game shows airing. But I'm 99% certain I've seen, on GSN, the episode of "Match Game '74" that aired Monday, September 23, roughly 30 hours after I was born.  (Don't think I've ever seen any of the other shows that aired on that date, except maybe syndie "WML?", depending on market.)
trainman is a man of trains

SRIV94

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »
(Don't think I've ever seen any of the other shows that aired on that date, except maybe syndie "WML?", depending on market.)
One you could conceivably have seen was NYSI (that would have been in the midst of Lyn Heath's run).
Doug

tomobrien

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 12:31:35 AM »
This is tougher for us really old guys.   On my birthday, Nov. 1, 1955, the daytime shows were "Feather Your Nest," "Strike it Rich" (ick), "The Big Payoff" and "On Your Account."  In prime time, after "Name That Tune,"  the Rev. Alvin Kershaw of Oxford, Ohio, walked away with $32,000 on "The $64,000 Question."  My chances of seeing that episode are pretty slim, I'd reckon.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:38:46 AM by tomobrien »

WhammyPower

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
July 19, 1988 here... The only thing I know of in first-run at the time would be Combs Feud, although I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.

The closest episode I know I've seen would be Combs' premiere episode from 7/4.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:31:00 PM by WhammyPower »

joker316

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 03:35:20 PM »
July 12, 1962 here...and thanks to Shokus video, I have the Seven Keys episode that aired on that day a mere 4 hours after I was born. The cool part is the copy has all the commercials, plus the slate (which said Tape Date: 7-9-62/ Air Date: 7-12-62)
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck