Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Woolery sighting  (Read 7607 times)

brianhenke

Chuck Woolery sighting
« on: December 14, 2003, 03:17:49 PM »
CBS is airing something called the Merrill Lynch Celebrity Ski Classic today...and Chuck Woolery presides over a trivia quiz from a lodge with sports celebrities (and it's got the classic J! theme, too!)

If you haven't seen it in your area, go check it out.

Brian

Wary blue waters?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
The leaves start to change color in May?

melman1

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 03:31:38 PM »
Brian, I have asked this before and I'm asking again.

What is the point of the tag lines you litter your posts with, here and on Usenet boards like alt.fan.letterman, such as:

"Mariah Carey and Glitter jokes, please!"
"We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions! "

Who is "we" and what is the point of this crap?
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

davemackey

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 06:16:32 PM »
Brian, don't answer that.

Melman: why does everyone have to justify or explain themselves to you?

dzinkin

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 06:42:15 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 06:16 PM\'] Melman: why does everyone have to justify or explain themselves to you? [/quote]
 Because everyone must explain himself or herself to Larry "Bud" Melman.  It's part of Letterman's shtick, y'know.

What?  Wrong Melman?  Okay, then, Dave's right. :-)

- David

GS Warehouse

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 08:00:51 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 06:16 PM\'] Brian, don't answer that. [/quote]
 I don't want to know either.  Besides, Mariah Carey and Glitter were soooo last year.

J-Lo and Gigli jokes, please! [ducking]

BrandonFG

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 08:06:15 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 08:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 06:16 PM\'] Brian, don't answer that. [/quote]
I don't want to know either.  Besides, Mariah Carey and Glitter were soooo last year.

J-Lo and Gigli jokes, please! [ducking] [/quote]
 Because you asked. :-)

"I just got home from watching Gigli, and here's the weird part, by the time I got home, it was already on cable." -Letterman

ObGameShow: David Letterman made a couple game show appearances.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Don Howard

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 08:39:20 PM »
Glitter jokes, please

Glitter was a joke. Lasted only about six weeks in primetime in 1984 on ABC.
One of the cast members of Glitter was Arte Johnson, regular panelist on The Gong Show and the star of Knockout.

PeterMarshallFan

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 08:42:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 09:39 PM\']
Glitter jokes, please

Glitter was a joke. Lasted only about six weeks in primetime in 1984 on ABC.
One of the cast members of Glitter was Arte Johnson, regular panelist on The Gong Show and the star of Knockout. [/quote]
 Unless I'm missing something, I think he was referring to the 2001 disaster of a movie "Glitter," not the 1984 ABC series.

melman1

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 08:55:14 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 04:16 PM\'] Brian, don't answer that.

Melman: why does everyone have to justify or explain themselves to you? [/quote]
Excuse me?  He can't answer for himself?  This is that terrible a question?  Are you Brian's agent?  Or just self-appointed judge and jury of what makes an appropriate question?  Because I just didn't get that memo.

Anything that gets posted is fair game.  Isn't it?  I've asked Brian about this a couple of times privately, and now twice on a forum.  So far, he hasn't even acknowledged the question.  (But you have.)

What is this really about?  Wouldn't have to do with some questions about a certain gushing fansite for a home-decorating show, would it?  (Otherwise, I don't see what the "everyone" fuss is.)

("Mr. Melman is not an attorney." ... "Ask Mr. Melman, _Late Night with Dave_.")
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 11:32:21 PM by melman1 »

brianhenke

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2003, 10:51:00 PM »
Boy, this topic surely degenerated into a farce...I was hoping that we would talk about Chuck Woolery being on CBS today.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
The leaves start to change color in May?

melman1

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 11:50:28 PM »
I was hoping that we would talk about Chuck Woolery being on CBS today.
Then why did you ask for Nascar questions?

davemackey, please forgive me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 11:50:46 PM by melman1 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2003, 11:58:23 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 09:51 PM\'] Boy, this topic surely degenerated into a farce...I was hoping that we would talk about Chuck Woolery being on CBS today.
 [/quote]
And you were watching this instead of the 49ers/Bengals game today?  The Bengals field a real competitive team for the first time in God knows how long (and no, Zach, don't tell me) and you're watching skiing?!  And moreover, celebrity skiing??!!  As Woolery would say, Jimi-nee. . .  :)

<<Please take the preceeding message in the spirit with which it was intended, or however that ole expression goes. . .>>

Doug
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 11:58:35 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 12:31:18 AM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 11:50 PM\']
I was hoping that we would talk about Chuck Woolery being on CBS today.
Then why did you ask for Nascar questions?

davemackey, please forgive me. [/quote]
 That's his signature...he does that in the newsgroups as well.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 01:30:18 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 14 2003, 10:31 PM\'] That's his signature...he does that in the newsgroups as well. [/quote]
 I think Melman's point is that it's an inane signature and that it presumes to speak for a global "we" that Henke is not qualified in any way, shape, or form to speak for. I, for one, could care less if I ever see a NASCAR or pro wrestling question on a game show ever again.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2003, 01:36:46 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 15 2003, 01:30 AM\'] I think Melman's point is that it's an inane signature and that it presumes to speak for a global "we" that Henke is not qualified in any way, shape, or form to speak for. I, for one, could care less if I ever see a NASCAR or pro wrestling question on a game show ever again. [/quote]
 I agree with Chris here, those two so-called "sports" I consider a very minute minority, even though wrestling has a fan base, I still consider it a minority. I just don't get the point. To not get off-topic, I do not believe the general public would even care to see such questions, or would even knows the answers to them. And yet, he STILL wants to see those questions!

One word: sheesh.

ObGameShow: TPiR still knows how to do primetime shows!