Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who/what would have gotten better if given more time?  (Read 4582 times)

alfonzos

Who/what would have gotten better if given more time?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 06:38:33 PM »
Shenanigans IMHO, Stubby and Kenny had a real chemistry going on. Stubby kept the game moving while Kenny acted as gamemaster. If the show had been broadcast in color. If the director could do retakes. If the show didn't come to a screeching halt to plug Where's Willie? and Operation. If the number generator generated random numbers. The show could have been something special instead of just a footnote.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

calliaume

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »
Adam Wade would have made a good long-term host, but Musical Chairs was such a stinker he never had the chance.

Three for the Money was a fun little game that was hurt by NBC's indecisiveness and the 12:30 time slot (e.g. 25 minutes long).

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 08:06:10 AM »
I know it seems silly, but I don't think they would have put a progressive jackpot into the show if it was just a placeholder.  Far cheaper to do it the other way.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TimK2003

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
I actually thought "Blackout" was a good concept, but just how it was played (and the fact that the $25KP was just taking a lunch break from the schedule) is what killed it.

Had the game played everyday common words for points instead of filling a 4-blank joke puzzle, I think this show could have been resurrected somewhere else on another network or on cable.

I also think "The Big Showdown" deserved a longer run.