Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The New Treasure Hunt  (Read 1301 times)

SuperMatch93

The New Treasure Hunt
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »
From the episodes I've seen, the box was either a klunk or was worth considerably more than the cash award envelope.

Couple of questions:

1. Was there ever a package in the box that was worth less than the cash award envelope but wasn't specifically a klunk? (For example, giving up $2,000 in cash to find a $1,500 prize)

2. Does anyone roughly know the prize/klunk distribution? I was guessing 5 out of the 30 were klunks, but I could be wrong.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Adam Nedeff

The New Treasure Hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »
1. Was there ever a package in the box that was worth less than the cash award envelope but wasn't specifically a klunk? (For example, giving up $2,000 in cash to find a $1,500 prize)
No, because a contestant who is confused about whether she did good or bad and doesn't know how to react makes for awful television.

aaron sica

The New Treasure Hunt
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:37:07 PM »
I feared the worst before I saw who the topic starter was....I thought we'd be looking at latex allergies from balloons again....

BrandonFG

The New Treasure Hunt
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:26 PM »
From the few eps. I've seen, it appears the prize packages were at least $3,000 minimum, so I'd guess probably not.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!